ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clonk in boot when i pull away

I have a clonk in my boot as I pull away this is new and has just developed! what can it be ?? herd some people have probs with boot locks so I checked mine out and found the metal loop moves up n down about 2cms in either direction can anyone confirm if this is normal?? check theirs?

thanks

Weeman sucks ****

yeah, mine moves up and down a bit. I get a creak under slow twisty turns but as usual it couldnt be found.

Might sound obvious but your jack etc hasnt come loose has it under that super thick MDF sheet??

Yes, they move up and down. Does this happen first thing in a morning or is it constant? If its first thing in the morning then maybe its because the pad is stuck on the rear brake disc. Otherwise check your spare tire etc isnt loose. Some garages drill your number plate on and leave the metal holder which can fall into the boot lid and rattle around (youll have to pull off the plastic pannel to check that).

Heat sheild perhaps? Could be allsorts...

Ford Fiesta

is it the ABS self check noise?

if its been wet the brakes seize up, I have to give it some revs to get it moving and thats on a slope!

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 04 January 2005
Cliopower - hell have a hard job to check his spare tyre in a 182 - they dont have one! ;)D.

oh yeah! :oops: Tyre foam then :)