ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cloud Storage

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I currently use Skydrive to backup around 40gb of photos, this is ever increasing and I'll need to up to 100gb at some point.

Now Skydrive integration in Windows 8.1 is terrible, it just doesn't work reliably and correctly. So I've been looking at alternatives.

Requirements are:
Ability to share folders to family members
Ability to upload from Iphone/Ipad
Automatically download new files to Desktop locations

I have 2 laptops which require access and will be sharing folders to 3 or 4 family members.

So far I've looked at:

Google Drive - USD payment so costs increase (Bank fees)
Skydrive - Slow and unreliable
Amazon Drive - Iphone app is rubbish, can't seem to upload photos to specific folders
Dropbox - Expensive!

What are the alternatives that you have used?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Thanks for the advise, spent a couple of days looking at various options and reading reviews on lots of different services. I tried free trials on quite a few as well. In the end, I went for Dropbox despite it being expensive. The upload/download speed is rapid, the ios apps are excellent and the functions sold it for me.

Currently in the process of transferring around 40 gig from Skydrive and 2 gig from Google Drive to Dropbox via Otixo. Otixo transfers files drive to drive direct, 14 day fully functional trial as well, seems excellent.