ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking and Grinding Noise Mk1 Ph3 RSi

C2 VTS from Fri
Hi, Am new so please be kind.

This noise only happens on the one side (passenger) from what I can tell. There is a clunk when the car sits into a right hander at anything like normal speeds, and another slightly different clunk as it emerges from the corner. The steering is tight going left, but to the right is a bit sketchy feeling like it grips and then understeers and then grips again as you compensate.

I can't feel any play in the wheel bearings or track rod ends. I potholed this corner recently but have had new tyres fitted and balanced since. The wheel alignment was done at the same time. Mileage is about 105k.

I also have - at very low speed, but not stationary - a grinding kind of noise when quickly straightening up from a RH lock. This does not occur at any other time (perhaps yet?).

Anyone's best guess what to look at next? Driveshaft, CV joint, bottom ball joint, anti roll bar. Hoping someone has experience of sorting same problem :)