ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch bearing on its way out ???

Hey,

It's not happened to me before so can't be sure but I think my clutch bearing might be on it's last legs. (51 plate Phase 2)

I'm getting a loud whine when I start it from cold which changes tone when I dip the clutch. It goes away after 5 mins when the engine's up to normal temp. Noise also seems to disapear after 2nd gear during the first 5 minutes? That could be cause I can't hear it tho!

I'm guessing it's not serious yet so am not too worried but just wanted to check I'm on the right line here.

Only had the car 5 months so don't know the clutch's history but I've got 100k on the clock...

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

I have something similar, a noise (almost sounds electric) from around 40+ MPH, changes tone when pressing the clutch, any advice?

Cliosport rs200 2010
the clutch bearing went on mine and only way I could tell is when I started the car hot or cold didn't matter the noise was there as soon as u dip the clutch it the noise goes until unpressed so my advise would be run the car get it around normal temp pull over and see if its still there if so dip the clutch see if it goes if so then u know its the clutch release baring mine was don't under warrenty so cant give u a price to how much it would cost hope this helps..