ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Cable (1.8 16v)

Just had a new clutch cable fitted on the valver as it decided to snap the other week!

Is absolutely fine half the time, goes into gear fine and everything like normal.

But the more you drive it (after 10/15mins) the gear changes start to get a bit notchy and the biting point is right at the bottom. 1st gear is then sometimes hard to engage, and reverse crunches a bit and is then sometimes pulling when the pedal is on the floor....

Next time I drive it's fine again...but only for so long.

What's up? Is the heat from the engine affecting the cable anyway?

Thanks for any help....

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
if you check your cable is routed properly, next i would be looking at the release bearing or even the clutch, sadly both are a gearbox off job

Spoke to the mechanic at the garage (renault specalists) and he thought the bearing was ok when they did it.

Will take a look to make sure it's routed right, looks like they'll have to have it back though....

Could it be a problem not being a genuine Renault cable? Was just over £15 on the invoice so I know it won't be and have read some people have had problems with other ones.