ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch pedal

wondered if anyone could shed some light on a clicking noise my clutch pedal is making, it only clicks when you push it in at around 2/3 of the way down, it also has a bit of play when you first depress the pedal,

i was thinking maybe the ratchet and pawl mechanism may have worn, but on a past car this clicking happened as soon as i pressed the pedal, so i am unsure it is the same problem,

any thoughts will be welcomed! :)

I did have something similar with my RSi. I used to get a horrible squeak when i changed from 1st to 2nd (and sometimes 2nd to 3rd). I took it to my local garage and he checked everything including the cable, mechanism, etc. He commented that the clutch felt stiff but it was nothing to worry about.

You know what cars are like. Sounds just appear from nowhere and they can disappear just as quickly as they appeared!

Hope this is of some use!

It means that the clucth pedal is not adjusted or put togethere properley. i had the same problem after i took it to my local garage to change the clutch pedal and cable. so now i know the problem is the pedal so i will be at GDI tomrow so andy can fix it.

thanks for the info, will have a look at the weekend hopefully, also need to check out how my new rims are going to fit!!

dan