ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cobra universal subframes

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
got some seats to go in my 1.8 16v, cobra seem to do universal subframe, anybody used them? as the specific frames for mine are £135 on r-tec...ouch :eek:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
are they Cobra seats? As from a few weeks ago Cobra will NOT sell you Cobra subframes unless you PROVE you own the seats!

I've had to take a photo of me looking likea price c**k, holding a sign with my adress and order number on, and send it them lol!

Broken Diesel Megane :(
dont go for universal is what i was told at shop. pain in ass to fit. get ones made for your car and its a 10 min job.

but yes you have to now prove you own the seats

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
Also available from your local friendly halfrauds, motor-world, etc...

60something each side.

Be aware, there are SEVERAL different drawings for older clio's... as I found out to my dismay.

Part numbers for a 1991 1.4rt (on a 5-door) were 013, and 014.

M2 Competition
Crazy Clio said:
are they Cobra seats? As from a few weeks ago Cobra will NOT sell you Cobra subframes unless you PROVE you own the seats!

I've had to take a photo of me looking likea price c**k, holding a sign with my adress and order number on, and send it them lol!

Demon-tweeks will though...

Roughly same price as cobra with cs discount...

Apparently its because people were bodging cheap ebay seats onto cobra subframes, and cobra are scared of the consequences should an accident happen. (and cos they want people to buy their seats :quiet: )

CTR--VX220D
Peperami said:
Demon-tweeks will though...

Roughly same price as cobra with cs discount...

Apparently its because people were bodging cheap ebay seats onto cobra subframes, and cobra are scared of the consequences should an accident happen. (and cos they want people to buy their seats :quiet: )

More like they are loosing business to them!