ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil pack arcing to inlet manifold

Clio
Hi,

My Clio 182 has developed a minor misfire at low rpm and I have traced it to the coil pack arcing to the inlet manifold. It appears the arc is between the bottom right corner of the coil pack, where it then jumps across to the inlet manifold where the vacuum pipe is clipped.

I have not taken the coil pack off, but couldn't see any splits or cracks in its casing. Why would it be arcing? Is this indicative of an earthing fault or is the coil pack end of life?

Thanks,

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

My Clio 182 has developed a minor misfire at low rpm and I have traced it to the coil pack arcing to the inlet manifold. It appears the arc is between the bottom right corner of the coil pack, where it then jumps across to the inlet manifold where the vacuum pipe is clipped.

I have not taken the coil pack off, but couldn't see any splits or cracks in its casing. Why would it be arcing? Is this indicative of an earthing fault or is the coil pack end of life?

Thanks,

It's more than likely dead.

There's probably some corrosion on the leads or coilpack itself. This will cause some high resistance and current always takes the path of least resistance.