ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil Pack Changed, Lambda's swapped, engine light still flashing what next?

My car's engine emissions light has been flashing for the last couple of days now and as a result the car is rather undriveable, it misfires causing sluggish response and overfuels causing the exhaust to pop and bang unexpectedly.
So today i bought a new coil pack and fitted it as people had suggested that to be the cause, and also swapped round the lambda sensors incase the precat one wasn't working. NO JOY. I'm rather puzzled by this and was just wondering if any people with knowledge of these cars can advise what i should check/change next? Thanks.

As said do the spark plugs then try the ht leads as well if they didn't come with the coil pack. Good excuse to buy some magnecore leads.

Spark plugs were done by danny at 519 along with a service and some other bits within the last 2 months. Surely they wouldn't be muffed already? I've done the coil pack, no change, swapped the lambda sensors for each other in case one was muffed, no change, i've taken the inlet manifold off to inspect the spark plugs and no moisture was there and the leads were all on properly, no change! I've just called the AA to come round i'm hoping that if their diagnostic machine/tool is compatible with the clio's ECU that it will tell me what's wrong. It could be the ignition leads i suppose but personally (don't know why) i think this isn't the cause :( Guess i'll just see what the AA guy says and take it from there. Oh yeah and i've seen numerous threads about people with the magnecor leads getting misfires due to the fact that the rubber seals on the leads don't seal all the way round the head and water gets in and makes the spark plugs wet...

Yeah dan remember that, after the AA man came he put it on the diagnostic and all that came up was oxygen sensor fault (which the AA man said would come up if the car is misfiring) and cylinder 2 misfire. All pretty much expected. So anyway i though i would give cylinder 2's spark plug one last check, took it out gave it a clean with some tissue and wd40 just to get rid of any water vapour is there was any, put it all back together and hey presto! All good again :) just gutted i wasted £65 on a new coil pack when this was all it needed.