ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilies For DCi

S23

The Cleee-O
Hiya. Looking to get some coilies for my DCi Clio ('04 plate). Been looking at FK's, V-Maxx's, Jamex's & Hot-Tuning's. Just wondered what people's thoughts are on them? Tempted by the FK's (although I don't know which ones would actually fit my car) mainly because they will give me a 100mm drop which I really want to use. But thinking about V-maxx's, up to 80mm and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I really like my cornering, so something that handles well is pretty much essential as well as looking uber low. ;) Looking to spend a maximum of £500. So V-Maxx's are wayyyy under my budget (seem to think you guys rate them cause of the group buys and that :approve:

At the minute I'm running on standard steelies, but I am gonna be switching to 14' x 8' alloys with streched tyres so I'll at least get another 10mm on that. Just wondering if the extra 20mm will actually be useable when I've got my alloys?

Any comments more than appreciated.

:D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
people seem to be rating vmaxx over fk these days, i had FK but it was Silverline X with Koni dampers i had so bit better than the normal ones. i rated them pretty well for fast road use.

you say handlings a must, if so go for 15" wheels not 14". remember to get them properly setup when fitted.

ignore what they say about lowering, vmaxx will go just as low as FK probably, FK may say 100mm but your only going to get about 70mm lower on the back anyway without custom rears. fronts will go far lower than your front bumper car!

S23

The Cleee-O
people seem to be rating vmaxx over fk these days, i had FK but it was Silverline X with Koni dampers i had so bit better than the normal ones. i rated them pretty well for fast road use.

you say handlings a must, if so go for 15" wheels not 14". remember to get them properly setup when fitted.

ignore what they say about lowering, vmaxx will go just as low as FK probably, FK may say 100mm but your only going to get about 70mm lower on the back anyway without custom rears. fronts will go far lower than your front bumper car!

Cheers mate. What do you mean by properly set up? like getting the speedometer changed so that it reads true yea? Nice to know that the V-Maxx's will go low :D . How come you would say 15's over 14's then for handling?