ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coiloivers (V-Maxx) ANOTHER Question...

Clio Dynamique Noir
Okay so firstly apologies for starting another thread about coilovers!! Appreciate you reading and any help or advice!!

I fitted my V-maxx coilovers quite a while ago now on my own and I had never done anything like it before and when I had finally finished I was just happy that I had done it, so I didnt fiddle around with them too much.

Now looking at my car Im not happy with the way it is sitting. Just wondering if anyone can help me out with it before I start! I want to raise the back of the car and the front could do with coming down a few mm. I dont want to use the word 'stance' but I want the 'nose down' if that makes sense! Is this achievable with 16's on the car or do I need 15's?

With the front coils I know that if you wind down the spring platform (adjuster) then you will raise the car. Is this the same with the rears? As when I fitted the rear springs I thought that if I raise the adjuster then it will raise the car, or if I wind down the adjuster will it raise the height? Ive taken a few pictures to help explain what I mean.

Height of the rear:
IMAG0690.jpg
[/IMG]

Rear spring with the adjuster turned all the way to the top:
IMAG0687.jpg
[/IMG]

Same again:
IMAG0685.jpg
[/IMG]

Height again of the rear from otherside:
IMAG0683.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for your help!

Both front and rear are the same.
Wind the adjustor rings Down, to Lower the car
Wind the adjustor rings upwards, to Raise the car.

So in your case turn the rear adjustor upwards, and the front adjustor downwards.
Yes rake is perfectly achievable on 16's and is infact standard.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Both front and rear are the same.
Wind the adjustor rings Down, to Lower the car
Wind the adjustor rings upwards, to Raise the car.

So in your case turn the rear adjustor upwards, and the front adjustor downwards.
Yes rake is perfectly achievable on 16's and is infact standard.

Cheers James

Do you mean the other way round to what you have said?? So lower the adjusters to raise the car...?

From the picture I have taken you can see that the rear adjusters are currently at the heighest adjustment they can go...So they cant go any higher, so the rear cant go up anymore?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I get what you are saying mate, but I don't get how it sits that low at the rear with the v-maxx's wound all the way up :S

With mine (vmaxxs also) wound all the way DOWN at the rear, it's not even that low...

Either mine or yours have some problems lol

829b7014.jpg

Clio Dynamique Noir
Haha, well for the fronts you wind them down to raise the car up, so Im thinking its the same for the back? Wind them down to raise them up?

Thats what I am hoping as they are wound all the way up at the moment!! Maybe Ive done something wrong? Havent included something from the old setup that I should have?

Haha cheers for the help matey!! Thanks for the picture too, thats the 'nose down stance' I want on mine that you have on yours!! Lovely car btw! ;)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
No mate, wind them DOWN to go DOWN! And UP to go UP

That's why I'm saying mine ARE wound down all the way and not sitting as low as yours :S which I find strange!

And no worries :) I'd rather help a fellow owner out than post up useless answers like some of the others would lol

Haha thanks mate :)

Clio Dynamique Noir
No mate, wind them DOWN to go DOWN! And UP to go UP

That's why I'm saying mine ARE wound down all the way and not sitting as low as yours :S which I find strange!

And no worries :) I'd rather help a fellow owner out than post up useless answers like some of the others would lol

Haha thanks mate :)

Hmmm...I thought I wound my fronts down to go up :S Although I did them aggeess ago so Im probably talking s**t!!

Maybe then I have left something out that you are meant to use from the standard setup, like some washers? Or something that might give me a few more cm height?! Or could I try and tighten the rear strut/arm that goes up into the boot?!

Haha cheers matey! Appreciate the help!!

What have you got in your boot?!

Mine wasnt that low even with adjusters out.

Hi Jake
Well i have some audio equipment :eek: but I recently installed a false floor in the boot and took everything out to do so and had a look at the car with all the equip out and I didnt notice the car shoot up at all...now I have the false floor theres a couple of sheets of mdf with my audio equipment in there..do you think this would make a huge difference?
Thanks!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
150% Wind the collars down to lower the car.

I'm thinking of reasons why your car is sitting like that on the rear, Are you carrying a lot of things in the rear? Sub box or loads of crap?

Also If the front is sitting quite high it will change the angle the Rake the car has and make the rear appear to be quite low. Drop the front down and see how it sits after that

Clio Dynamique Noir
150% Wind the collars down to lower the car.

I'm thinking of reasons why your car is sitting like that on the rear, Are you carrying a lot of things in the rear? Sub box or loads of crap?

Also If the front is sitting quite high it will change the angle the Rake the car has and make the rear appear to be quite low. Drop the front down and see how it sits after that

As said all I really have is some audio equipment and a false floor :eek: Do you think that would make a lot of difference?

The front is quite high but dont really have a lot of room to play with before they start scrubbing. I wound the adjusters down 5mm the other day when I had the wheels off and I reckon I can only go down another 5 before they scruuub! Annd it didnt make any difference to the appearance! :dapprove: Not sure what to do, when I have time this week Ill whip the rear springs out and see if the adjusters can go up anymore on the back!

mine is also on v-max and sitting that low at the rear and i have nothing in the boot at all

Any clues why yours are like that? Im thinking maybe I havent included something from the old suspension that was meant to go in there!

PB Clio 172
Also the stance you are on about is standard look for an RS, the front sits lower than the back due to traction !

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Have you put both rubbers on the rear shocks top mountss (2 on each) ?

Also do you have some standard rear shocks you could temporarily swap to as I had trouble with the v-maxx rear shocks being too soft! You may possible have faulty/weak shocks resulting in the 'sagging'

Clio Dynamique Noir
I couldnt remember even if I did!! Was quite a while ago? Have you got a pic or can get a pic of the rubbers you mean please? Im planning on taking the rear section apart and having a look at it all see if I can shed some light on it!

Do you think that is possible then? I think I bought them through Ktec, worth giving them a call about it? Thanks!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
seems to have been a batch of springs that were too short at some point. Got a car in at the moment with a set of these (not fitted by us) that are an alternative set of rears someone has tried and made it worse. We're sorting it with the distributor currently for this car.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Okay thanks for letting me know this!! I think I will have to get in touch with K-tec tomorrow and see if they can get hold of the distributor they got them from! Not been happy with them ever since I installed them! What has the distributor said about it? Are they sending you out some replacements?
Thanks!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
hang fire until I've sorted this one out. I'm in contact with both ktec and the distributor so can share relevent info.

This set isn't under warranty as the company that fitted them doesn't exist anymore and there's some confusion over what has even been done. Customer was told a few things different to the info given to the distributor. They're being supplied cheap in this case.

Clio Dynamique Noir
Decided to ignore your advice :rasp: and contacted K-tec today...I then sent them some pictures of my rear springs and they immediately said they looked wrong! Apparently the spring is just failing! There was a batch of springs sent out too short?! So this explains why the rear of the car is so low! The spring isnt really supporting any weight, they are just flat! (You can see in the second picture ^^)

So anyway K-tec have said they are speaking with their distributor who then is speaking to V-maxx!! So now Im just waiting for the chain of people to contact V-maxx then contact me back! Hopefully shouldnt be too long :coffee: Meanwhile im driving around on broken springs :dapprove:

The guy I spoke to at K-tec was really very helpful and sounds like he has done all the right things so far!! He also said they have had someone else phone in with the same thing so Im guessing he was talking about you 519!! And said that the pictures I have sent in will help in both of our cases to make V-Maxx pull their finger out!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well if you'd waited I'd have told you the same. I even know what the replacements are ;) I'm hoping to have them in the next 36/48 hours

Clio Dynamique Noir
well if you'd waited I'd have told you the same. I even know what the replacements are ;) I'm hoping to have them in the next 36/48 hours

oh and just so you know.......strike one ;)

What do you mean, are they just longer springs? Does this mean that they have agreed to send out replacements? Haha sorry :eek: I shouldnt have doubted you...it wont happen again!

Clio Dynamique Noir
Brilliant!! Now wheres mine..?? Ha, So what happened with v-maxx as i havent heard anything back yet.... :dapprove:

Clio Dynamique Noir
IMAG0784.jpgIMAG0785.jpg

Okay so firstly a MASSIVE thank you to Martin at K-Tec, absolute star! :star: Managed to finally get somewhere with the UK V-Maxx distributors and take some responsibility, they have sent me out some uprated rear springs.

I fitted them on Saturday, and immediately you can tell they are ALOT better than the previous ones I had in there. I forgot to take a picture of the old next to the new but they were a few inches longer and the old ones were just knackered! (To put it politely!)

So now I need some help. Please! Can people give me some advice please to get the height/stance I want. I want the car it be nose down so I know the back needs to come down but so does the front, but the front is starting to scrub at the height its at now, but I have seen Clios ALOT lower than mine :S Any ideas...? (Ps. Sorry about the pics)

Thanks a lot!

Mark

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not the best pictures tbh but if you haven't cut your arch liners then I'd start there.

Clio Dynamique Noir
What do you mean by cutting them? And i dont have the front part of the arch liner on the passenger side and the wheel is starting to rub on what the liner covers up! (If that makes sense...)

There's a metal bracket thing behind the arch liner you need to bend up to stop it rubbing on that iirc.
Sure someone will be along soon. Try searching, I know I've seen it quite a few times on threads, there must be one kicking around somewhere with a pic on.