ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Issue - Fitted Incorrectly??

Clio 172
Hi not long had the car and its a bit of an ongoing project. It came with 15" F1's and Vmaxx Coilovers. Not a big fan of the coilovers but need to get it running right first then will probably swap for something else, probably standard or standard with eibach springs.

Replaced wheels with standard 172 alloys today, but when I put my hand behind the front wheels it feels like its touching or very close to strut / spring.

Looked at thread on fitting the Vmaxx and it says there should be a space under the top mount???

Few pics below, not sure if its fitted wrong, too low for the 16's or both!??

TopMount.jpgSuspension.jpgWheels4.jpgWheelsFr.jpg

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'm not expert but judging by the pictures they look completely fine to me, I have never heard of there being a need for a space under the top mount (?) so I wouldn't suggest they are fitted wrong! Is there any rubbing? I also have some standard springs sat in my garage if you ever wish to get rid of your coilovers! Maby we can come to some sort of a deal, feel free to PM me! Thanks[/FONT]

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
there is a space between the mount and strutt roughly 5mm check you have put bearing back in the right way. did you tighten them up after you dropped it back to the floor.

Clio 172
there is a space between the mount and strutt roughly 5mm check you have put bearing back in the right way. did you tighten them up after you dropped it back to the floor.

Bought the car with them fitted already, what do I need to do to check the bearing- remove shock? Sound like I need to have a good look at these?