ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers for £500

DC5

I have been on about getting some coilovers for a while now. I am not too bothered about track usuage, but I want the car to handle a bit better and feel a bit more planted on the road.

What suspension / coilovers would you suggest getting? I dont really want to spend much more than £500.

Also where would be the best place to buy them from?

Cheers,

Matt

DC5

What sort of prices are all of the above? Also where would be the best place to buy them from?

Gaz £500

FKS £600

H&Rs £700

all approx

GAZ are fine fella, i had them on my 172 and didnt feel harsh at all imo. You can always change the springs if need be.

There a bargain for £500, speak to Andy@GDi

[Edited by Smokey on 09 August 2005 at 10:28am]

Mazda MX5 1.8

fks would be the ones i would get

i have a set and they are very nice

may be able to get the fks for cheaper (i seem to remember someone on here being able to get them cheap?)

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 09 August 2005

may be able to get the fks for cheaper (i seem to remember someone on here being able to get them cheap?)
Any idea of the name? I obviously want to get them for as cheap as poss

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Bezza4 on 09 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 09 August 2005

Any idea of the name? I obviously want to get them for as cheap as poss
ive no idea but it was through ktec iirc

i will do a seach.....

[Edited by clio__chris on 09 August 2005 at 4:48pm]

there is a website though (based in taunton i think) who sell them for cheaper. cant search right now while at work but think it may be performance direct?

may be going mad but i will search for you later when i get home unless someone else comes up with the goods

[Edited by clio__chris on 09 August 2005 at 4:52pm]

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

FKs. Think H&R are over 500 quid. Contact Performance Driven in Taunton and see if they have any offers on. Got my Valver done there with free fitting 3 years ago and they are still sweet.

Highsport are the non adjustable ones and Konigsport are adjustable (damping). You wont touch the adjusters TBH so not worth the extra.

DC5

Thanks for your help. I have posted in the other forum saying I am interested. I have had a look for the performance direct site you were on about, and I cant find it.

Has anyone else got any websites where coilovers are going cheap?

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 09 August 2005

<SCRIPT language=javascript> FKs. Think H&R are over 500 quid. Contact Performance Driven in Taunton and see if they have any offers on. Got my Valver done there with free fitting 3 years ago and they are still sweet.

Highsport are the non adjustable ones and Konigsport are adjustable (damping). You wont touch the adjusters TBH so not worth the extra.
Cheers.

Just had a quick look at their website. They say £628 for the highsport ones.

Obviously I would like H&R, but dont really wana spend too much over the 500 mark.