ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers - how low can you go?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my GAZ coilovers at the weekend:
182LoweredSide1.jpg

The rear dropped with little issues - I have 1.5 degree non spaced camber shims, just needed to add 5mm spacers to pull the wheel away from the springs. I plan on swapping the 1.5 non spaced shims for 1degree 10mm, this should fill the arches nicely.
The fronts however, whilst obviously quite low, seem to rub a lot, even after raising it 10mm from the pics shown, it still catches on not only the arch lines (which Im not fussed about) but also the bracket for the bumper/arch mount.
How do people properly slam with this bracket in place?

Mine was about as low as your pic and it would rub the arch liner occasionally but not the bracket from what I remember. It was a long time ago so I may have bent the bracket out of the way.

PH2 172
Is the arch liner distorted at the lower rear on the front arches,caused by incorrect jacking,This surface should be flat with no forward bulge,