ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers

ok, gonna treat myself to some i think!! trouble is dont really know what i should go for. k-tec sell some that are height, but not damper adjustable, how hard would the ride be on these u think?? they also sell some (gaz ,i think) which are ride and height adjustable, for not that much more, what you reckon, which one?!?! thing is i dont want a really hard ride, ive just got lowering springs at the mo, and find it really hard!!! another thing, how is the height on these adjustable, are they on car adjustable??

last thing, does anyone know roughly how much these would cost to get fitted??

i will post the links of the ones im after in a min! cheers

fit them yourselves in about an hr, only about 6 bolts for the fronts and 4 for the rear.

They are on car adj, you move the spring seat up and down the strut body.

How hard, who knows.

i go to university in chichester, where abouts are you based?? how long roughly would it take to do?? ill be looking to get these week after next, depending on the stock levels etc of k-tec, bbtuning do some as well, im not sure which would be better to go for, ill post a link to the bb ones, cheers

ive seen all their kits so its ok.

Im in W.Chiltington just off the A24 washington roundabout.

Itll take about 2 hrs end to end to fit and setup the height you want.

up to you buddy.

K-tecs ultimate setup will probably be all you need.

WHy dont you ask David about spring rates and how hard they are. Having adj damping just ends up confsing most people as they have no idea what they are doing by just twiddling a knob.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I bought Gaz coilovers for my Willy and Nick Hill had to mess about with them because there was a lot of thread sticking out above the top mount which fouled on the bonnet. Its alright now but be aware fitting might not be plain sailing.

ok, i suppose in a way id rather get from k-tec, kinda local, so if any problems, a bit easier to get sorted!! what about torsion bars, can you do these? mine is already been lowered, but i think i might wanna go lower. what sort of cash would you want for doing it, and how much notice?? thanks mate

it is quite low, but on standard shocks, so thought if i get uprated ones they might raise the car back up a bit, does that make sense? i dont really know what im going on about, but i would like it to sit low, cheers

It wont change th ride height as the shocks apply no force.

If you really really want it lower then we can yes, depending how stuck your one is lol.

But i personally wouldnt go any lower as a single spline loweres valves quite a hell of alot!

ok, it is quite low so may not bother, looking at the kits again, that bb one does not include vat, so the k-tec one is more reasonably priced, and if youve experienced them before all the better eh?? ive e-maled david so hopefully will hear from him soon and ill let you know asap, about availabilty etc, cheers

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Definately consider the FK Automotive Highsport kit, availabl;e from Ktec and Performance Driven in Taunton.

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Im bias towards Spax Rsx, I used them for a while on my corsa and they never let me down.