ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers!

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I had vmaxx collies on mine. I thought they where great. My rep was quite low and they still had more to go.
Ride comfort was better than just having lowring springs on but was still bumpy. Not too bad though
good bit of kit imo

145db Euro'd clio
ebay would probably be cheapest. i ordered my rokkor ones yesterday. was £160.20. cant go wrong with that really! im doing the hub conversions aswell. the ones you've got in the link say 52mm bolt spacing. surely yours is 58mm being a 16v?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Well, i haven't a clue where/what to measure! Littlec can you do it for me please! lol

You need to measure the distance between these two bolts:
Centre to centre is best probably. Just so you can work out the distance the holes are.
DSC00785-1.jpg

^ You'll need spring compressors to take the top mounts off your standard shocks on the front, apart from that it's a peice of piss, as long as you don't go shearing any bolts.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Is there a massive difference between the V-maxx coilovers and more expensive options? Obviously you get what you pay for, but I mean, is it silly to not save for better ones?

on a non-sport, the cheaper the better IMO.
for a sport, you'd probably want to pay for a quality product for adjustability, ride quality, reliability etc.

lol oooor reeet. make sure a dont how long do you think it would take 2 put them in about

Probably about half a day - an afternoon?

Stripped yozza'd cup
on a non-sport, the cheaper the better IMO.
for a sport, you'd probably want to pay for a quality product for adjustability, ride quality, reliability etc.

Probably about half a day - an afternoon?

Righty, well I have a 172 cup. So what are the best value for money coilovers for the cup?

I wouldn't be putting anything less than H&Rs/Bilsteins/KWs on a sport, budget £750+ for a new set.

Black Clio GT
lol that is gonna be that standard response over winter...

imo if you have a sport and you drive it the way it should be driven then budget coilovers are prob not the best thing, if on the other hand you just want it to look low and not interested in handeling or performance then (i dont know why you have an rs) get the cheap ones...

S23

The Cleee-O
V-Maxx's on a non sport are fine, that's what I run and I have never had any problem with them. Other than the C spanner being made out of edam and the rear spring being on the soft side, but if you haven't got any poke you'll be fineee. :)

Clio 182 Titanium
v-max arn't the best at all! car will still drive with them on though i suppose! I also wouldnt buy anything less than £500 on a RS..
Can recommend the higher end Gaz suspension,

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ebay would probably be cheapest. i ordered my rokkor ones yesterday. was £160.20. cant go wrong with that really! im doing the hub conversions aswell. the ones you've got in the link say 52mm bolt spacing. surely yours is 58mm being a 16v?

rokkor don't do these for a 172? only non sport?