ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold weather REALLY helps!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Just returned from the gym. 0 degrees apparently. Noticeable power increase than earlier today when ambient temp was around 4 degrees.

Suprised there was such a difference. No mods to the car at all.:S

Anyone else experience this?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just canned mine back from tesco, went like greased lighning!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Don't really notice much diff tbh...Mine runs so badly when it's cold! Fcukin nitemare to change gr...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Don't really notice much diff tbh...Mine runs so badly when it's cold! Fcukin nitemare to change gr...

Yea I've noticed this with mine, till it gets warm the gearbox is a right pig.

Dan

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Im gonna feed the aircon to my inlet.

I've often wondered if this will work.

Anyone think it will? Efficient air con out of say, a range rover. The kind that blows air that looks really misty when the car is warm inside. If the turbo drew it's air through the aircon cooler thing....

BG 182
Drove home from Milton Keynes at 3am last night and certainly felt a difference on the straight, was louder too, just put fresh v-power in aswell so that helped :p

S2000
Yup I notice quite a difference tbh, but if I'm giving it full chat it normally makes no difference as the roads are that greasy all I get is wheelspin anyway unles i'm in 3rd or above (even in 3rd it sometimes spins though - fuckin hate greasy roads!).

clio 182
yeah i just got in, cold weather means increased density which equals va va voom....... yee ha!........ gritters made it slidy tho

Monaco 172
especially nice when the engines just had a 40mile trip at midnight and on the return trip its nice and warm. clear and dry roads too

clio 182
i did bout 40miles as well, takin my missus home so roads were clear. Nice warm engine and plenty of revs..... stereo off so i can hear my exhaust

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Yup, colder air is more dense, and denser air gives more power, not least because the engine draws in more juice to compensate. Big smiles all round. Especially when you've thrashed half a tank away but the trip computer still says you've got 220 miles till fill-up time. Methinks something's not quite right there.....

clio 16v
if the road is dry, cold weather and a warm engine is the perfect combination
i see a noticable difference,

even if you run the cold air con to the air feed there be no difference as air con saps power from the engine anyway? nice idea though, maybe rig something up with dry ice

clio 182
Yup, colder air is more dense, and denser air gives more power, not least because the engine draws in more juice to compensate. Big smiles all round. Especially when you've thrashed half a tank away but the trip computer still says you've got 220 miles till fill-up time. Methinks something's not quite right there.....

i never believe my trip computer, seems to sort itself out towards the end of the tank though...... still only ever get 250miles out of a tank wether the weathers hot or flippin freeezing!!!....yikes

if the road is dry, cold weather and a warm engine is the perfect combination
i see a noticable difference,

even if you run the cold air con to the air feed there be no difference as air con saps power from the engine anyway? nice idea though, maybe rig something up with dry ice

Valid point but so does a supercharger & that gains power, not comparing just saying thats not completely correct

clio 16v
it was more of a thought then a statement, but if your car has air con anyway you may be on to a winner

LY V6 with Recaros
Yep, mine felt silly quick yesterday and today. Although it probably helped that I hadn't driven it for about 5 days.