ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collected the JCW GP ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So on the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] August I picked up this little bad boy, proper review will come at a later date in my ownership thread, but for now, I thought id just put up some pictures. Apologies, my camera skillz are weak, but at least I didn’t use the iPhone4 this time round!! Done over 2k miles in it around France in the past 2 weeks & well, its great to be back in a 'special' car :eek:

Outside - looks much better in person strangely, too much going on in pics i think ...
DSC07086_zpsa4e46e9b.jpg

DSC07102_zpsebf4be6c.jpg

DSC07130_zps7a81dce3.jpg

DSC07132_zpsdf2b09a6.jpg

DSC07138_zpsf06a0912.jpg

DSC07139_zps8be2449d.jpg

DSC07106_zpsf98f5584.jpg

Inside - red stitching on the leather bits = lovely!
DSC07119_zpsa3620845.jpg

DSC07120_zps5c02e4cb.jpg

DSC07116_zps549748b8.jpg

DSC07121_zps8dbac2c7.jpg

Mmmmm Carbon Fibre
DSC07134_zps1896dc2d.jpg

DSC07118_zps148f336c.jpg

Alloy R56 trailing arms & flat floor - to save weight/improve handling.
DSC07137_zps5abd7356.jpg

Back home - looking clean.
DSC07189_zps4820a739.jpg

Reims Circuit - on route to the South of France.
DSC07194_zps78e1b8c1.jpg

DSC07196_zpse8eec687.jpg

Colour coded tent lol … bought way before the GP!!
DSC07223_zpse21d5ff5.jpg

Hope you like :star:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Finally, a thread about it. I was getting concerned.

Welcome to the limited edition car with clothes hanger club.

I just couldn't own a mini. And I can't stand those wheels. But aside from my personal opinions, enjoy!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Finally, a thread about it. I was getting concerned.

Welcome to the limited edition car with clothes hanger club.

lol, no need to be concerned, been too busy enjoying it!! Oh, & i left all the pics at home so couldnt upload them whilst at work ...

Love it, how is it on fuel?

33.6mpg according to the trip computer for the France trip. Think the Trophy did 35 for a similar journey.

I hate the fact you went to Reims.

Been there 4/5 times now, just not to the old track before ;) Its pretty cool, although perhaps not worth a special trip to see it!!

Re: the wheels, they really do look a lot better in real life. The whole car does tbh, all the daft colours/stickers/textures seem to work a lot better in person. Certainly wont be changing them any time soon, dont want to change anything actually, just need a handsfree kit.

Suzuki Jimny
Not a fan of these in photos, but there's one local to me that I often get overtaken by. Lovely machine.

Are there any pictures of any with bucket seats in?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I thought these had brembos as standard..or is that just the gp2?

Just the GP2 has the 6 pots, R56 Works has 4 pot Brembos, GP1 has the same discs/calipers as the normal R56 MCS. Still 294mm and more than capable of stopping it rather quickly with an uprated pad compound. Ive got some Mintex 1144's that ill be swopping off my other Mini over the weekend. 4/6 pots are overkill imho, like on the clio's, more show than go ...

Not a fan of these in photos, but there's one local to me that I often get overtaken by. Lovely machine.

Are there any pictures of any with bucket seats in?

There's a couple floating around with Pole Positions i think, although it would seem that GPOC members are like cliotrophy members.

Standard is best, which i agree with to a point i think. Its quick enough, handles like its on rails and looks good enough already!

Awesome car!

I will own one at some point!

Any plans for it?

No plans really, reason for buying this over tinkering with the MCS was less needs doing lol!!!

looks lovely but cant help thinking the steering wheel looks like a playstation controller.

Now you mention it, i kinda agree ha ha.

Love them. Lovely cars to drive too, almost bought one a few times.

Don't personally like the wheels, red wing mirrors or the fog light surrounds though.

Cup In bits
I appreciate their driving prowess but its just a mini that's been driven through Halfords front window too look at, too many colours going on for me.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I love the car!

As mentioned, it's a shame about the lack of spec comfort wise but still cracking cars.

225 meg
Me being stupid here but what engine is in these and how bhp do these produce?

Think the little thing looks stunning tbh

Tangoed Works
Lovely car dude.

Must be still so tempting to mod though. Swapping out for pole positions will save you 30kg easily. 17" wheels and non RF tyres shed another 8 kg. Get some 2 pc discs for the front wheels and it will totally transform it for the better.

Have to say though the way a works revs around the clock as standard compared to a stock s is night and day. It's addictive!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it Dave! How does it feel compared to your other one?