ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collinite #476s & Carlack Kit

personally never used any of CarLack's products

the 476 is an amazing hard wearing wax and will be good for your use.

In all honesty Soph, wash, super resin polish, 476 should see you good for your needs for quite some time

all IMO of course :)

jamie

FF RB 182
Gaz already has super resin polish in the garage anyway. Might buy the kit anyway, unless the applicator pads and towels can be bought separately for less than the kit. Although from what the reviews on there say, the carlack should be good.

p21s (i refuse to abide by this new 'R222@ rubbish ;) ) is not as hard wearing as 476

soph, stick to the above method and you wont go far wrong hun

jamie

182 & Porsche 986
would recomend the colinates, it's the best wax i've used yet and it beads and last good. never tried carlack though...
as said above try some autogylm srp then collinates:approve:

Bumder With A Buffer
Gaz already has super resin polish in the garage anyway. Might buy the kit anyway, unless the applicator pads and towels can be bought separately for less than the kit. Although from what the reviews on there say, the carlack should be good.

If you buy any waxes off i4detailing you get free applicators. I spent £80 on there just now :(

FF RB 182
If you buy any waxes off i4detailing you get free applicators. I spent £80 on there just now :(

Oh right, we already have a CYC account though...

Priced the kit up separately without the carlack, and it costs £29. Think will just buy the kit for what it's worth.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
476 And £1 foam applicators from tim@cyc. Listen to jamie hun.
476 is awesome.

Bumder With A Buffer
Fair enough... TBH some/most waxes come with an applicator. Just buy what you want as everyone has there own opinions on what's good don't they?!

The only reason is used i4detailing was that they had some snow foam in stock where-as CYC didn't. could of done 2 ordered I suppose but couldn't be arsed!

FF RB 182
Just saying, I might aswell get the kit as you get the towels for cheaper than buying standalone.

Can always flog the CarLack on ebay.

Ive got some 476 on the way in the post, When it arrives i think ill do a little 50/50 with 476 and poorboys natty blue and post the results.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ive got some 476 on the way in the post, When it arrives i think ill do a little 50/50 with 476 and poorboys natty blue and post the results.

^^^ Id be interested to see the results... I almost got some of that earlier but decided I wanted to try something else.

on black, 476

on my naughty blue, natty's (if i keep it topped up)

jamie

Megane R26
The Carlack is one of the best paint cleaners on the market IMO, much better than SRP at cleaning and leaves a much more durable sealant layer behind.

Don't sell the Carlack, defo use it. The Colli is great too, but can be a pig to remove if you apply it too thickly or leave it on for too long...

Titanium 182
I'd personally use Natty's blue - I find it works a lot better with SRP, but 476 is definitely the longer lasting wax!

But hey, summers approaching, who needs long lasting wax? Natty's produces the wetter look so go for that! Hell of a lot cheaper, too!

Failing that have you tried Blackfire yet? Been using it on my cars for the last couple of years and it's awesome stuff!

FF RB 182
I'd personally use Natty's blue - I find it works a lot better with SRP, but 476 is definitely the longer lasting wax!

But hey, summers approaching, who needs long lasting wax? Natty's produces the wetter look so go for that! Hell of a lot cheaper, too!

Failing that have you tried Blackfire yet? Been using it on my cars for the last couple of years and it's awesome stuff!

People who go months without cleaning their car ;)

Titanium 182
...then 476 is the stuff for you! lol

Sorry I'm pretty sad and wash it whenever I have a day off work, so at least once a week. I'll get my coat!

FF RB 182
...then 476 is the stuff for you! lol

Sorry I'm pretty sad and wash it whenever I have a day off work, so at least once a week. I'll get my coat!

Well what with being at uni most of the week, and when I was working, at work all weekend, it's rare Gaz cleans my car. I've no time for cleaning cars, don't like it lol.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
its isnt meant to ;)

SRP -> EGP/sealent -> Wax

Yeh I should of pointed out you need something like EGP. I just tried the 476s on top of the SRP to see if would bond but it was obviously a waste of time lol.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
CArlack is awesome, i think its the same as JEffs if so amazing

FF RB 182
Just had a thought, the carlack won't sit properly will it as Gaz gave the clio a coat of EGP just to see it through some of the grime?

Megane R26
The Carlack is a cleaner, so will remove all previous wax and sealants which you currently have on there, so it'll be fine, but will remove the EGP.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its actually a cleaner/sealant in one. I have it in front of me now! I rate it..... but i perfer the SRP/EPG combo. Done it today on my car, then topped off with some CG Petes 53 i had for my Black 182. Must say its come out MINT. Srp is a good cleaner, BANG!, and the tar is gone.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Iv bought this kit!
Its epic. the carlack nano removes all the crud off the paintwork and leaves the surface with a really deep gloss and then the collonite seals it in.

well worth it imo.