ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coded bumpstrips

RB 182 Cup
Decided to colour code my bump strips, so got myself down to halfords where i got some plastic primer, laquer and renault pearlescent black and had to tell 1 of their fat spotty chavvy employees how thick he was lol. Thanks to jezleaman for the advice :)

Edit: I sanded the plastic down smooth before i painted them so theres no bobbles on the plastic

29-04-07_1357.jpg

29-04-07_1358.jpg

29-04-07_1723.jpg

29-04-07_1724.jpg

29-04-07_1725.jpg

Alex

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
nice one mate, might attempt this at some point if i can be bothered!

RB 182 Cup
cheers for the comments guys, suprised how good it went! im so chuffed with it :D

renault boy i done them in mercedes brilliant silver metalic, only becuase i have some in the garage but any metalic silver will look the same

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
^^lmao looks good mate... you've given me the confidence to do my badges silver and the bumpstripes black just likes yours

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
awesome job mate, how long did it take you?
i want to do it to mine, will need to prime first, fill in a couple of scuffs i have. Only problem is getting them off...i can never remove them from my car lol

RB 182 Cup
awesome job mate, how long did it take you?
i want to do it to mine, will need to prime first, fill in a couple of scuffs i have. Only problem is getting them off...i can never remove them from my car lol

All in took me about a week, thought i sanded them down enough to start off with in about 10 mins (you will need an electric sanded to speed things up and make things easyer) but wernt enough so spent first day sanding them smooth and first coat of primer. Rest of the week was waiting for the paint to dry, wet and dry sanding between every coat :)

ive just been doing this over the last few weeks.... alot of wet and dry, primer and paint later everything is near enough perfect... been applying laquer in the sun so it cures properly, although ive been told by some people to leave it 24 hours to fully cure, and some 7 days.... so i guess hes only let it cure for 24 hours if hes finished it in a week...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
looks good, nice timing also as I need to respray one of my bumpstrips after catching it on a erm, wall... Could you PM a step by step or post a guide at all?