ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I have booked my Clio in for the Grey bits of the bumpers, side stripes and rear spoliers to be colour coded. My local body shop are doing it for £193. Have used them before and they are really good. Some of the other places mentioned that the paint may flake off and that they wouldnt garuntee the work. The most expensive quote was £450 and it wasnt from renault. What expierences have people had with colour coding??? The body shop are having the car for 3 days so they obvioulsy are taking their time over it.

Lionel Richie

I did it myself using halfords stuff. As long as its prepd properly (sanded down loads to remove all dimples from plastic etc) and the right plastisiser is used then it wont crack. I ve had it flake off a few times but thats cos i used the wrong primer. that reminds me, i need to do the drivers side again!

I am going to have the same thing done on my silver clio sometime this month but I want the door handles doing as well. £200 to me seems a decent price but £450 seems criminal. Post a message when its done to tell me what it looks like. - Lee

Ad

MK2 FRS

Will do. Im gona borrow a digital camera. Mine is also silver(platinum). It makes more of a diffference to silver as there is far too much grey on the new clio. I wanted the door handles as well, i would need to get hold of a pre primed set as he reckoned the grey ones painted wouldnt stand up to the wear and tear.

i got mine done. improves the car so much. flaked off a bit on the mirror so they redone them.

they wont do the handles, because it usually ends up flaking off

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in the West London Area (nr. Uxbridge?) that can do this I want to get the bumpers, side strips and spoiler done

Lionel Richie

Did my door handles just before you bought the springs off me ad, and they havent flaked at all (not pre primed ones) and that was ages ago

I had all the grey plastic colour coded to the platinum colour of my clio 2002 dynamique. It was done by a sign makers that do a bit of spraying.

I have had no problems, not even on the door handles!!!

I had mine done just before i crashed it and for £200 it was top quality jub no runs or anything, they didnt even need the car they just removed all the stips and kept them for two days sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

This may sound a bit trivial but do you reckon subtle modding like colour coding etc would affect the p/x value when it comes time to change the car particularly the dealers who might pick up on it?