ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour temp of 172/182 hid's?

Mondeo ST24
Hi, What is the standard colour temp of the bulbs renault use?

And anyone got any pics to compare standard vs diff temps in clio headlights.

Thanks

Buy Ring Sportzblues H7 fitment. £30 & same colour as HID but brighter. You'll get flashed but at least you can see where you're going!! Now make them in H1 for the main beams too.

Dootchy said:
Buy Ring Sportzblues H7 fitment. £30 & same colour as HID but brighter. You'll get flashed but at least you can see where you're going!! Now make them in H1 for the main beams too.

someone delete that post.

this threads about HID bulbs not halogen crap..

not sure on standard colour temps max.

and no H7's wont fit in the HID's i believe.

the HID's have a different type of fitment..

i dont recall seeing anyone on here trying any different colour temps in the hid projectors. would mean changing the pair for no real reason and theyre not cheap!

E91 M Sport
GuyS said:
someone delete that post.

this threads about HID bulbs not halogen crap..

lol, well said. :quiet:

I think its somewhere around 4,500 - 5000k

Apparently that's the best colour for maximum light output. Although I'd prefer the violet badboys that don ferrari's and SLR's :cool:

prob right at 5000k ish actually

my 8000k kit was diamond white (slight blue tint), 9500k is sky blue, and 12000k is violet blue (wont be as bright)

RS 200
Have to agree, I think its around the 4.5K - 5K area.

As for the H1 & H7 business, no they wont fit. Albeit they may be filled with a slight amount of Xenon they still work by producing light from a filament. The Xenon that they put in these does increased light output slightly but the blue tinge that comes from these is more likely induced by the blue dyes they put on the glass of the bulb.

Compared to the Renault OEM Xenons which are a D2S fitment and therefore do not have a filament like a conventional bulb. Light is given of from an ark through Xenon gas.

Chris

Tangoed Works
I think 5000k is about right. I have Piaa Tera sidelight bulbs which have a quoted colour temperature of 4500k, and you can see a slight difference in the colours. All in all looks pretty good.

RB 182 FF
OEM bulbs are normally 4150k to 4300k, I would say the best for style and brightness are 5000k, 6000k get more of a blue white tint where as anything lower are more white. Then 8000k is distinct blue and 10000k more purple. I think 5000k look the best and perform the best. Obviously colours differ from one manufacturer to the other but you pay for what you get and you can't do better than Osram and Philips really although a bit pricey!