ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colours 172?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
what colours did the 172 come in,

is there anycolours that make the car cheaper/more expensive?

Red mk1's, yellow mk1's & exclusive's (limited edition scarab green ones, only 172 made) are quite rare.

The most common is silver - almost all mk1's are silver !
They came in black,red,silver & monaco blue.

the mk2's never came in yellow or green.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
phase 2

pics would help too hehe,
trying to decide what colour i want, so far i like black but thinking about respraying in hologram grey

tbh your best of searching for pics as there's loads on here.

I would say that re-praying a 172 a total waste of time though !!

106 GTi
IMG_9956.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9990.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

al

ST on the way...
Flame red is gorgeous!! It looks really cool when the sun hits the flake in it!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
God my car looks good!! PMSL...Mite aswell blow my own trumpet.

Gaz beat it son...Your diverting the attention ;)

Vee soon?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hence the Pnk Bus. Hahaha

Ali
ClioSport Club Member

Car: "The Pink Bus"

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not keen on the silver type colour, too close to moonstone the peugeot colour want sumit bit different, damm no hologram grey

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Ali said:
God my car looks good!! PMSL...Mite aswell blow my own trumpet.

Gaz beat it son...Your diverting the attention ;)

Vee soon?

yeah Vee soonish I think, think the 172 has got 2-3 months before its for sale. Mars Red Vee :) he he he

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
cat171 said:
Red mk1's, yellow mk1's & exclusive's (limited edition scarab green ones, only 172 made) are quite rare.

The most common is silver - almost all mk1's are silver !
They came in black,red,silver & monaco blue.

the mk2's never came in yellow or green.
Sunflower Yellow was available on the Ph2. Just not in the UK.

172 Mk1's came in...

Titanium Silver (647)
Iceberg Silver (640) ...only on the last of the Ph1's
Odyssey Blue (D44)
Flame Red (B76)
Pearl Black (676)
Sunflower Yellow (377)
Scarab Green (296)

172 Mk2's came in...

Iceburg Silver (640)
Monaco Blue
Flame Red (B76)
Pearl Black (676)
Sunflower Yellow (377) ...not available in the UK.

182's came in...

Titanium Silver (647)
Black Gold
Inferno
Arctic Blue
Racing Blue
Liquid Yellow (Renault i.d option)
Petrol Blue (Renault i.d option)

...i think that's it. apart from the Vee's

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Gareth said:
yeah Vee soonish I think, think the 172 has got 2-3 months before its for sale. Mars Red Vee :) he he he

AMAZIN. I'll pop down for a cuppa and a shot. I'll let you drive the williams...(my cheap option to the Failed Vee plan)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
more than welcome, just got to find the right Vee first, which may be difficult.

* and not crash the 172 at Brands in August, lol *

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Haha...that would be a start. Mars are thin on the ground. Illiad is stunning and 16 will get you a decent one.

Turbos.
Didn't know you had a sorted engine bay Ali. Damn you. Even more jealous now. Probably the best car in the club in my eyes.

I think the normal blue the 172s come in is the worst colour tbh, but looks good in that last pic with turinis. I've seen some dirty ones and they look purple!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
cliobuyer said:
Didn't know you had a sorted engine bay Ali. Damn you. Even more jealous now. Probably the best car in the club in my eyes.

I think the normal blue the 172s come in is the worst colour tbh, but looks good in that last pic with turinis. I've seen some dirty ones and they look purple!

Was a rush rob, didn't get the plenium fully polished in time. Will do it soon, when the willy is on the road.

Ali

VaVa
cliobuyer said:

Agreed. The red ones look very little like the pics above either - Much more orangey when the sun hits them and when they're dirty they look likt the paint has faded. lol.. Black hides the lines of the car making it look like a 1.2. Silver shows the lines, looks good even when dirty but is difficult to really get a deep shine out of. It's also the most popular colour amongst other manufacturers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lagerlout1 said:
Agreed. The red ones look very little like the pics above either - Much more orangey when the sun hits them and when they're dirty they look likt the paint has faded. lol.. Black hides the lines of the car making it look like a 1.2. Silver shows the lines, looks good even when dirty but is difficult to really get a deep shine out of. It's also the most popular colour amongst other manufacturers.

that's one of the reasons I went for the Silver, it doesn't hide the details on the body. My main reason was because Silver (albeit Titanium) was the original 172 colour.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes you can, infact, he must of on that car because it is a 172 cup, gordinis weren't an option.

RS Megane DCi 175
Love the mk1 172 in Blue and red - very rare.
I'm currently looking for something new - as much as I look at other cars I keep wandering back to the RS Clio!!

LY V6 with Recaros
Love the flame red, but silver looks nice when you actually see it in the flesh, see lots of them about though, the other colours are more rare