ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coming back to Renault

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi All,

Been a member on here for years.. sold my Clio off a while ago but thinking of coming back into the Renault family but this time with a Megane (need a bit more space than a Clio)

Was looking at this... http://www.my-bcm.co.uk/used-cars/r...230-f1-team-r26-3dr-leicester-201408166656762

What are the Meganes like, petrol consumption wise, build quality etc.. I am currently running a focus 1.8 sport that just drinks petrol like water.. not that efficiency is my no 1 on my list of requirements but I dont wanna land myself with something that costs a ton to run...

Anyway cheers for any advice..

Reg

Clio Dci
I know nothing about the meganes, sorry! However I am friends with the previous owner to that car! So if you do need any info about it let me know! He sold it to them as he's just bought a TTS and wanted a hassle free sale! Plus I'm pretty sure it's got renault main dealer history!

Clio Sport 172 02
Nice, thanks for the info.. I was hoping someone would be able to give me a bit of insight into the Meganes and what they are like...

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Megane are ok not bad on fuel for what they are.
R26 are good cars not as well build as 172/182.
Parts can be expensive 400 in brakes all round.
Hubs can sieze. Window problems air con problems etc.

Clio200 EDC Lux
My meg had both window regulators fail, luckily it was a few years back and was done under warranty. Apart from that nothing major in over 6 years.

275 Trophy
R26 are good cars not as well build as 172/182.

WTF?

R26 is terrible on fuel compared to to 1*2, but then you are probably going faster. Trouble is, when you go the same speed they still drink 25% more fuel.

Problems? A lot more than a Clio, and a lot more to fix.

They are better cars, but that depends on your definition of better.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
WTF?

R26 is terrible on fuel compared to to 1*2, but then you are probably going faster. Trouble is, when you go the same speed they still drink 25% more fuel.

Problems? A lot more than a Clio, and a lot more to fix.

They are better cars, but that depends on your definition of better.

Which bit are you wtf about my comment.