ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compact Camera suggestions

B

Brown.

Need a decent compact for a holiday comming up, not usually my thing compacts so i know nothing, i dont want to spend over £300. fancying the panasonic DMC-TZ5 or the Richo R8..... simply for the zoom range.

What do people have and what have you found with your images?

GR7

Shiny red R32
I bought my daughter a Panasonic Lumix camera at Christmas for around £185 and it
takes really good clear pictures! It is a 10 megapixel digital camera with a 5x optical
zoom lens and it's said to have more features than any other pocket sized camera!
It has a good macro on it and is easy to use and is also great for taking movie clips!

panasonic-dmc-fx500-front.jpg

There's a bit about it here::
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Panasonic-DMC-FX500-10254

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FX500/FX500A.HTM

Last edited:
  172 mk2 Iceberg
Dmc Tz5 is good......

Been using mine for 5 months now...

Low light response is poor but all compacts are compared to Dslr

Better than my Fuji E900 in all ways

Oil Burner
Sony, Canon, Panasonic

These are the 3 most reliable brands i see sold.

Had 6 sony compacts in the house so far, not had one problem with them, downside being they use Pro Duo, which is over priced and unlikely to work with anything else of yours. Info Lithium Batteries are an excellent idea, which dont more brands do this!

The Canons are a bit bulky for what they are and low light performance is not as good as i would expected. But well put together and very rarely see problems with them.

The panasonics ive never owned, but having used them for ages at work they seem the best put together, well thought out. The larger models have quite a weight to them, but they seem to hold their own at the longer optical 'zooms'

Im not sure for a compact you couldnt go too far wrong with any of the above.