ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compaq Prescario help

A well built VW
I have a small problem sometimes my screen on the above laptop flickers and sometimes goes to a black screen but flickers back on then runs ok

occassionally the screen will go blue and the page moves down approx 2-4 cms from the top of the page then rectifies itself

Just annoying but dont know what is causing it Any help ? My first impression is something to do with the backlight on the screen but that doesnt explain the second scenario

Its now out of warranty and Compaq are a bunch of c@cks

have you tried the compaq interactive help thing? my presario is out of warranty, but if you use this, they may be able to guide you through what is wrong and help sort it. you may just need to download the latest drivers, a new BIOS or something like that! i have used them 3 or 4 times, and always had my problem sorted.

A well built VW
3000GT_PILOT said:
have you tried the compaq interactive help thing? my presario is out of warranty, but if you use this, they may be able to guide you through what is wrong and help sort it. you may just need to download the latest drivers, a new BIOS or something like that! i have used them 3 or 4 times, and always had my problem sorted.

Cheers matey , Wheres this then ??? might as well give it a bash - already been back to compaq twice under warranty for this third time they refused 2 weeks out of warranty b@strds

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?query=presario+2100&lc=en&cc=us&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en
enter your laptop modelnumber (eg mines a presario 2100) under "Don't see what you're looking for" on the right hand side.

you will go to another screen and select your exact model

then under the picture of the laptop, you have a link to "chat with an online technician"

click it and a chat applet will open, allowing you to talk to someone on the other end.

i have found it really useful, and they email you the conversation afterwards so that you can look over it for more info if you need to.

hope that helps!
James