ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compare: Clip vs RS Tuner vs Dialogys

Hi guys,

I have been around here for a while and hearing people talking about the Clip and RS Tuner, not a lot of Dialogys.

I'm still not 100% clear on what they all do. Perhaps we can have a few people reply with what each does, what it's good for, where to get and generally the cost.

I think it should prove useful for newbies like me.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Clip is Renault specific dealer level diagnostic equipment that you can buy a clone version of and run it on a laptop. Great bit of kit.

RS Tuner is an aftermarket bit of equipment that also offers diagnostics as well as the ability to flash maps to the ecu

Dialogys is a Renault access workshop manual that shows everything on a vehicle including wiring diagrams and work through fault diagnosis

Clip is Renault specific dealer level diagnostic equipment that you can buy a clone version of and run it on a laptop. Great bit of kit.

RS Tuner is an aftermarket bit of equipment that also offers diagnostics as well as the ability to flash maps to the ecu

Dialogys is a Renault access workshop manual that shows everything on a vehicle including wiring diagrams and work through fault diagnosis

Awesome, everything right there.

From a diagnostics perspective would you recommend Tuner or Clip? Can you code things like removal of airbags / lambda sensors with Tuner or is that a Clip job?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ive never worked with the RS Tuner other than to flash many years ago and clear fault codes so someone else may be better to answer that question, Clip gets my vote for live data, fault finding and coding things in and out. There are a few other bits of kit out there too but I haven't used them to comment sorry

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I asked a similar question recently. The clip clone looks like the type of thing I’m after but worry about actually getting a setup up and running as I appear to be a bit of a Luddite with such things

Clio RS 200
I have used a Chinese Clip clone on my 200. I have been able to use it to find faults and to write information to the car's UCH? I retrofitted a RS Monitor.

I then bought a brand new OEM headuint and found out that you need to flash the headhunt with firmware before it could be used. My Clip clone could not maintain a connection to write the firmware that went beyond about 3 minutes. I might be wrong but I am not sure that Clip clones can maintain the same data connection with the car as long compared to a very expensive real Clip unit.

Clip is old software and you need to run it on Windows 7 32 bit, or a virtual PC running that system. You also have to mess around getting the software, and then activating the software.

I have not tried RS Tuner.

Dialogsys is like an advanced Haynes manual.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Rs tuner is simple to use. Can program airbags etc. Read faults. Live data etc. Very easy to use and understand

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
RSTuner is good and relatively cheap for it, but....you don't get Airbag or ABS modules on there from scratch. You have to add them, but if you buy a 2nd hand one, like I did, you could get lucky and have the Airbag module already on there. They're around £40 for each extra module, built all depends on what you are looking to do.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a 2nd hand RSTuner for about £120 I think, with ABS module. Been invaluable for code reading, plus it came in handy for sorting the airbag light properly when I changed seats once I bought the airbag module.
Works on modern computers unlike CLiP and no licence key needed unless you want to remap with it when you buy 2nd hand.

Mk2 172
Thanks for that.

Did it come with a disc for the software or can it be downloaded for free, looks like you have to register on fast chip to access downloads?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that.

Did it come with a disc for the software or can it be downloaded for free, looks like you have to register on fast chip to access downloads?
You can just download the software from their website, fastchip.nl, can't remember if you need to sign up, but it's free either way.