ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compbrake solid top mount question, anyone who has fitted them

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Using standard shocks you need to use the spacer to lift it off the spring hat, I can't comment on fitting them to Spax shocks. But if Compbrake designed it to use the spacer, they did it for a reason. Give them a call, I've already put up their details.

The top nut IIRC is 27mm, but I had to grind the sides of the socket down to get it inside the top mount once it was all on the car as it was easier to tighten when it was bolted to the hub. If you can, tighten the top nut when the shock is still off the car, just get someone to hold it nice and tight.

The rubber 'o'ring sits inside the chassic turret to stop metal on metal contact against the top mount. It should create a sandwich of the 'o'ring and turret between the 2 washers.

PH1 172 Sport
Think I should check the oring has gone into the gap then!

I used an imperial socket on mine as it fitted perfectly. It was a 1 inch one I think!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I got mine today from kam racing as well. Do i need the rubber washers as ive got none either. Mine look like they have already been used but i assume they are machining marks??!!

Compbrake used to provide rubber washers, but found from experience that they had no effect at all, so stopped using them in the kit.

PH1 172 Sport
Thanks for the reply Kam. Ive fitted them with washers now anyway but that will be a good reference for future people who install them.

172 Cup
i am going to be ordering these tonight hopefully, was going to use the group buy but nothing has been done with it so i am not waiting around

ClioSport 172 Cup
In the end I fitted some brass sealing washers from Pirtek that are designed for metal to metal contact.. between the chassis and the mount and then just a rubber O Ring under the locking ring on the top. At least I know the brass washers won`t degrade over time and require replacement in the future.