ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete list of 182 problems

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Yes the 182 is a great car in lots of ways but i thought i would post up the problems ive had with my car.

Might be helpful to people buying a new 182 or used 182.

Please feel free to add to my list ........

1. New CAT. Small hole in some of the weld - Manufacturing fault.
2. Headlight Washer replaced. Leaked water until water bottle was empty.
3. Strange knocking on full lock - Changed near side drive shaft - not fixed fault and it seems most 182s do it. (think its tyre flex).
4. Air con temp sensor replaced. VERY annoying buzzing from behind dash.
5. Tracking way out + Steering wheel off centre.
6. Door trim very loose on the outside of drivers door.

Looking forward to my next fault and next trip to reno !!!!!!!! ........ NOT!

BTW - Dealer has been great with me, which i think makes a change!

Im sure there were a couple of more issues, will post if i remember.

Try and keep the thread nice and neat so there is a complete list.

think my mate has been the most unlucky, brought his 182 from Reno. It had had one previous owner. the car was on 4000 miles, cam belt went taking the whole engine out with it, gear box went, clutch went £6500 total damage !!!

BMW 120i Sport

Ive got 2000 miles and three months of ownership, and so far ive had:

1) Coolant temperature sensor fail, replaced under warranty
2) Exhaust gas warning light came on but went off, possible relation to the first fault due to fuel flooding the engine
3) SERV, ABS and TC lights came on (went off after switching engine off and back on)
4) Passenger side door wasnt locking/unlocking with remote locking, fixed under warranty (plug fell out)

Nothing too bad really, all fixed by a very prompt/friendly dealership. Just to point out the grass isnt greener on the german/jap side, my siss Type R needed a new engine after ~6 months of ownership (coolant problem caused that) and a colleague at works MK4 VW Golf has been in the garage more times than its been out for various electrical faults (e.g speedo not working) and mechanical issues (tyres wearing unevenly).

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I took mine back to get some rattles sorted out but they said they were been caused by my new zorst - I said they did it before I had the exhaust on but they wouldnt have it!

I hate renault.

Mines done 4500 miles and only problem requiring dealership action was the alarm which beeped every time i locked up.

There is a really annoying rattle in the boot somewhere (sounds like the left side of the boot) that Im eventually gonna have to get sorted though.

Dirty E91

Im very happy with my 182, get the knocking at low speeds when coming off the gas and the occasional squeaks on bumpy surfaces and road humps and bumps.

Will get the low speeding knocking sorted at 1st service.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

So we now have ...

1. New CAT. Small hole in some of the weld - Manufacturing fault.
2. Headlight Washer replaced. Leaked water until water bottle was empty.
3. Strange knocking on full lock - Changed near side drive shaft - not fixed fault and it seems most 182s do it. (think its tyre flex).
4. Air con temp sensor replaced. VERY annoying buzzing from behind dash.
5. Tracking way out + Steering wheel off centre.
6. Door trim very loose on the outside of drivers door.
7. Coolant temperature sensor fail, replaced under warranty
8. Exhaust gas warning light came on but went off, possible relation to fault 7 due to fuel flooding the engine
9. SERV, ABS and TC lights came on (went off after switching engine off and back on)
10. Passenger side door wasnt locking/unlocking with remote locking, fixed under warranty (plug fell out)
11. 4th to 5th gear was crunching at high revs (seems to be ok now - may have loosened up) - Think a couple of guys on here have had new gearboxes due to similar problem.
12. Various rattles in general (think mine has just the one at the moment)

Make a nice print out for when you buy your next clio :confused: !

This is definitely a love/hate relationship. I want to sell mine but then i think for another second or 2 and then i dont! What have reno done to me !?!?!

Any more takers ...

not a clio anymore

As a friend of mine put it:
"Buying a Renault is like buying a new family". I know the staff so well (I have 2 renos) that I started talking about holidays and family on the phone with them. And they just need to hear my voice (and accent francais) to call me by my name before I introduce myself.
BUT they always have been nice to me and sorted loads of stuff for free when they didnt have to, all the credit to them.

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 14 February 2005

Ive got 2000 miles and three months of ownership, and so far ive had:

1) Coolant temperature sensor fail, replaced under warranty
2) Exhaust gas warning light came on but went off, possible relation to the first fault due to fuel flooding the engine
3) SERV, ABS and TC lights came on (went off after switching engine off and back on)
4) Passenger side door wasnt locking/unlocking with remote locking, fixed under warranty (plug fell out)

Nothing too bad really, all fixed by a very prompt/friendly dealership. Just to point out the grass isnt greener on the german/jap side, my siss Type R needed a new engine after ~6 months of ownership (coolant problem caused that) and a colleague at works MK4 VW Golf has been in the garage more times than its been out for various electrical faults (e.g speedo not working) and mechanical issues (tyres wearing unevenly).
Big G AND Maurice WT, were you pushing the car when the SERV TC and ABS lights came on? I was going round a roundabout in a controlled sideways drift, whilst jamming on the brakes to stop at traffic lights when it happened to me. I had been showing off at the time, and when the lights came up I felt gutted - "bu99ered the car up just to show off" but like you it reset after turning on and off again and everything seemed ok.

Does anyone know why these lights came up in the first place and is it anything we should worry about?

[Edited by Steve_H on 15 February 2005 at 10:36am]

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Do a search mate, there are plenty of threads on it. I hit a pothole at about 20 mph when mine came on. Turned engine off and on and it was fine. That was 12 months ago and never happened since ....... touch wood!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 15 February 2005

As a friend of mine put it:
"Buying a Renault is like buying a new family". I know the staff so well (I have 2 renos) that I started talking about holidays and family on the phone with them. And they just need to hear my voice (and accent francais) to call me by my name before I introduce myself.
BUT they always have been nice to me and sorted loads of stuff for free when they didnt have to, all the credit to them.
That is funny!! Im the same LOL.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

At least u had a good dealer with the problems mate.... I had a longer list and the worst dealer ever!!! lol

300bhp MR2 Turbo

And yet in 7 months of owning a 13 year old car nothings developed with it that I didnt know about.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Next reno i buy will be 12 months old, 12k miles and hopefully all the teething problems sorted. Never a brand new one again.

Save a packet on depreciation aswell !

Mine has had;

Engine mount knackered - very wobbly handling

Hazards keep going off randomly - trapped alarm wire in the bulkhead

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Somepeople get baduns.. some get gooduns.. sounds like you got the Friday car.

Clio 200 Cup packed

Heres my list, 7 months on from date of purchase

1. Costs a shedload of money from all the optimax its guzzling!

:D

tiTTy & SV650

my offside rear shocker burst after 7k miles: replaced under warranty, manufacturing fault.

Also TC ABS and Service lights came on a few times due to Brake Pressure Sensor Calibration: Hasnt happened for a while...

Theres knocking noises, either engine mounts or exhaust mounts I reckon.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The buzz coming from tthe dash is actually above your head in the light switch.Its the sensor for the air con playing up...Had mine done in the 172 and a new battery...Other than that ive been happy with the cars...

We shall see in 2 weeks time if my 182 is any good or not

ian

BMW 120i Sport

My TC/ABS/SERV lights came on when i stood on the brakes sharply at about 90 mph.

If i was to list the problems ive had with Ford cars in the past, id need a whole new thread to detail it all.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 15 February 2005
Somepeople get baduns.. some get gooduns.. sounds like you got the Friday car.

I must have got a goodun, touch wood, as Ive had mine nearly 12 months and done 11.5k miles with no problems other than the doors falling off and the engine combusting. Actually I made the last bit up, it was only 1 door.

Great car so far, love it.

Check brackets under dash for surface rust,some painted & some not.

2.016V Badges on doors,check for pitting.Had them replaced after 6mths.

Alarm replaced after 4mths

All the above familiar

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

4 headlight washers

1 new alarm system

3 washer bottles - all jobs done under warrenty

just started to get knocking from front on full left hand lock??

Cars just hit 20k miles on an 03 plate

I have the buzzing above my head on my 172. Iv also had the engin management computer knacker up and to top it all off my cigarette lighter doesnt work.

Oh and my trip counter keeps resetting itself. Got to take her back to reno on monday, so will keep u posted.

Ford Fiesta

just from own expreience and reading on here common ones seem to be.

1) leaking headlight washer balls/stalks

2) leaking rear wheel arches

3) faulty coolant sensor casuing needle to go funny

4) knocking from engine mounts at low speeds

5) leaking oil from engine bolts/cam cover

Embarrassed to say

All cars have their problems, we are lucky reno soughts it on warranty. You wanna try owning a tvr (engine rebuild every 10000 miles) or a noble both have alot more problems then renos and cost a great deal more. Even all m3s from 2000 to 2003 were having engine failures requiring new engines, at first bimmer werent even accepting engine failures as warranty work and requiring owners to fork out thousands. Then theres the mitsi evo requiring a new clutch/flywheel and new discs every 10000 miles or in some cases a new clutch in as little as 1000 miles none of this work is on warranty. And my mate had a vw not only was it the most bland car on earth but it had its share of problems mostly relating to incompetance of the dealer.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

my list

1) dodgy squeak from handbrake when on an incline

2) rattly suspension - still not fixed

3) cruise control sometimes doesnt engage

4) the crapest brakes ever

5) many many rattles from dash, rear, every f**kin where

6) Pitted 2.0 16v badge

7) engine management light came on detecting a fault with valve timing

8) excessive body roll

9) worped brake discs

car pisses me off, should be so much better

clio 182 black /gold

Mine so far after 2 weeks ownership

After 3 hours the drivers side wiper arm came loose

Now it has a big leak Liam 182 thinks it is under the arch and the alarm is playing up

Astra VXR 17/05/07

My list after a year......

:confused:

:confused:

Tumbleweed blows across the screen

:D

Nowt wrong

(But my steering wheel is not quite straight if im being picky,doubt they will sort it now after a year though.Ive only done 4,800 miles though :oops: )

225 & Audi S4

mine only fault was the alarm ( beeps ) but my wife s new VW polo collect the car from showroom to my house then failed to restart due to ecu breakdown took 3 months to solve out with over 4 hired car so not only renault had problems

My list:

1. Engine mount knocking at low speed they tried to fix it.... it stopped knocking at low speed but knocked when you started and stopped the engine

small space beetween rubber and mount at front= knocking @low speed

small space between rubber n mount closer to back = knocking when starting & stopping!

just in the middle = f**k knows.....cant get it right!!!!

2. rattle from boot turns out to be rear wiper... will ask they to replace @ 1st service 3rd may before the year is up (was told all rattles were covered under warranty for 12 months)

3. knocking from rear passenger side suspension... thought it was exaust mounts first but think it may be shock absorber after driving round with boot open..... over bumps sts only happens at top of suspension travel. anyone had this??

4. oh yea oil leek there is a bit of excess round the engine have not taken off cover to see extent seems to still have oil in it!

5. last one .... screw holding dashboard in passengers side fell out.... some slack (nice) frenchie could not be arsed to tighten it up!!!

oh yea and.....clutch clicky notchy fixed with WD40 n some grease!

[Edited by silvercup182 on 06 April 2005 at 5:52pm]

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by silvercup182 on 06 April 2005

3. knocking from rear passenger side suspension... thought it was exaust mounts first but think it may be shock absorber after driving round with boot open..... over bumps sts only happens at top of suspension travel. anyone had this??

[Edited by silvercup182 on 06 April 2005 at 5:52pm]

yup - i have mine in tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes - pain in the erse!!