ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete valver lump rebuild

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
ok basically im after a valver but i really cnt b arsed with any unreliability, so my plan is to buy a valver and take the lump out and strip it to the last bolt and rebuilt it so as i dnt have any probs with it for a good while.

can any give me a full complete list of what i should be replacing/rebuilding right down to the obvious gaskets etc.

any1 on this forum done it? what sort of price am i looking at?

S2000
tbh, the main problem isn't with the engine itself so imo isn't worth rebuilding it for that reason. The main ares of concern are other elements going wrong and mainly the gearbox from my experience. IMO it would be just as well paying a bit more for one with a lot of recent engine work i.e. timing belt, clutch etc with fsh and the engine will be good for a while as there are a few pottering about with 150,000+ miles on the original engine. If you just want to do it anyway for the sake of doing a rebuild then yeah do it, but if it's just so your car would be realiable I don't think it would be worth it - much better value for money to buy a good one in the first place.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
tbh, the main problem isn't with the engine itself so imo isn't worth rebuilding it for that reason. The main ares of concern are other elements going wrong and mainly the gearbox from my experience. IMO it would be just as well paying a bit more for one with a lot of recent engine work i.e. timing belt, clutch etc with fsh and the engine will be good for a while as there are a few pottering about with 150,000+ miles on the original engine. If you just want to do it anyway for the sake of doing a rebuild then yeah do it, but if it's just so your car would be realiable I don't think it would be worth it - much better value for money to buy a good one in the first place.

yeh i suppose if i find a car that has had s**t loads of work done on the engine like belts headgaskets etc then i would be on to a winner, how many miles are these engines normally good for? if looked after 100%?

fred, i cant really b bothered to be swapping engines and clutering up my garge with a spare lump lol

Rb 182
ok basically im after a valver but i really cnt b arsed with any unreliability, so my plan is to buy a valver and take the lump out and strip it to the last bolt and rebuilt it so as i dnt have any probs with it for a good while.

can any give me a full complete list of what i should be replacing/rebuilding right down to the obvious gaskets etc.

any1 on this forum done it? what sort of price am i looking at?

Ive spent £2k on one of my 1.7 turbos. Had a full rebuild, alot of head work and a T25

Rb 182

yeh i suppose if i find a car that has had s**t loads of work done on the engine like belts headgaskets etc then i would be on to a winner, how many miles are these engines normally good for? if looked after 100%?

fred, i cant really b bothered to be swapping engines and clutering up my garge with a spare lump lol

Mines is very well looked after service history etc and it still breaks! Its only an Rt.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
for my engine i got quoted £900 for a full standard rebuild,

£1800 for full rebuild with lightned and ballanced bottom end, stage3 headwork, reprofiled cam and remap

colt mirage..valver soon!
as said mate it really isnt worth rebuilding it for peace of mind. Your better buying a god one in the first place:clown: