ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complicated exhaust advice - Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 February 2004
Yoz rig Andy @ GDI he knows an exhaust builder in wales (mint work apparently, and reasonable prices too)

ok, will give him a call.

/y0z

Yup, andys choise is good.

OMPs ARE LOUD, having one and having mated with them on their 172s......quite farty at low rpm too.

H&S are well overpriced, they also hol gold like status by many, but arent heads nor tails over many other fabricators. They are good, but not that good.

All i can sayif it fits your needs then go for it.

as for taking away noise, you need either 2 huge or a few small silencers.

BenR - will the silencers affect performance significantly? Thanks. /y0z

Roamer and I talked at length about this Yesterday and I think that I have come to the following conclusion:

a) I think that I want to take the business to Griffin
b) If the Griffin Does have problems It is around the corner, Ktec is 300+ miles away.
c) H&S are expensive, but have a good reputation, but cant prove the 15-20bhp that they suggest their exhaust might produce.
d) H&S is miles away too.
e) Cost - H&S is significantly more expensive.
f) I can try a new product that is seemingly exactly what i want, and then see what the power increases etc are for everyone else. RR before / RR after.
g)I have got a video of an OMP from someone on the forum and it does sound "odd" on tickover. On full Chat it sounds like a machine gun.

Thank you for your advice / help.

I may be back soon.

/y0z

I got a vid of me against a 172 phs 1 with an OMP on, and my clio has an OMP, its the the best noise granted.

SIlencers do absorb power.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

the chap that does my new systems was brought in by powerflow and a few others to train all their staff a few yrs ago... he now runs his own show...

the stainless he uses is a better quality than powerflow and is less prone to tarnish

the welding is amazing....

he builds his own silencers on site to suit the noise level you want.

he just did a system on my audi turbo which I use everyday and did not want a massive noise from but wanted more power.... hey presto... good power gains and you can only really hear it on idle (nice little burble) and under load.... subtle...

I have had loads of systems over the years and I will now never use anyone else.... I travelled 400 miles to get it done and it was definatly worth it...

contact via us,

Andy

GDI

07010 716 440

(it really is the best - not just marketing) - I make no money from selling his products....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

good to chat to you mate, hope our chat was helpfull.

speak to you soon, I have called the exhaust chap so he is prepaired for your call and rougly what you want.

he also said he would do you a deal as a referal from me.

Andy