ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Component Recommendations-

Ok,

My install is now almost complete now, just need some half decent components to complete things. Budget is set for £100 - £140 so as you can guess choice is some what limited.

Im tempted by the following :-

Alpine SPR136A

http://www.evilice.co.uk/images/19190.jpg

or

Audiobahn ABC525Q

http://www.evilice.co.uk/images/12070.jpg

Sadly i have heard a few bad rumours about audiobahn stuff, with it being all show and no go. i was told there not very " efficient " . i dont know how true this is, only what i have heard. People over at CAD also say the same.

Any ideas peeps?

for that price budget i would look at the focal access range, halfords stock them, not sure if u can get focal online, i dont think they allow online sales

i take it you are looking at 13cm components

CAD do some phase linear components in your budget which look quite nice, i wouldnt go for the audiobahns,

if u can stretch your budget to £160, CAD do the directed studio components which are supposed to be quite nice. Alistair had some and liked them

i think i would go for the directeds out of the lot, then the focals, then alpine, then audiobahn

hope that helps

Ad

Cheers adam,

Just looked at those directed studio components on CAD, they kinda strange looking aint they?! would the sound quality be noticeable between directed and say... the alpines.

Remember i dont care how loud they are, SQ is all i care about.

its best to ask Alistair or Dave Mason about them as they have used them.

i did have a set on order from CAD but cancelled it because had problems with my head unit that cost £75 to fix! but now i have myself a nice set of morels!

i think that you would see a difference in sound quality from the directeds over the alpines. the pics on CAD are of the old studio comps, i think that they have changed now, and i dont think the old ones were ever purple, just the way the photo looks

Ad

cheers adam, think ill prob go for the directeds in which case... :)

FAO - EVILICE,

Russ, can you sort me out a good deal? got anything good going at the moment ?

We have a few component sets that are going well at the moment. Weve just had some new sets in which are hand built by a company in Canada called AVI. We are still waiting for the pricelist unfortunately but they will be very well priced. To give you an idea, the sound quality is superb. I listened to a set when they first came in and I personally prefer the sound of those to Focals...more laid back and less in your face!!! They arent the most efficient speakers in the world but they sound sweet off a decent amp...well be using them in our new SQ demo car.

Others that we have on special are the MB Quart DSD series, The usual Audiobahn models with Cliosport member discounts and an outside option may be the Ground Zero Hydrogen comps which sound similar to the MBs on the high end of things but have a bit more feel to them in the lower frequency ranges.

Russ

depends what series your talking about....

VR or XR? XR are the higher model, but they both have quite a few sets of componants in 5.25" & 6.5"!

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 22 June 2003

depends what series your talking about....

VR or XR? XR are the higher model, but they both have quite a few sets of componants in 5.25" & 6.5"!

dont listen to him. hes gay.. ;)

bout time u got on a decent site mate!

A slow one :-(

I recommend ground zero, there are loads of cars in newcastle running the stuff and they sound amazing! But at the end of the day they are ur ears not mine. Why not go listen to a few and choose urself!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 22 June 2003

dont listen to him. hes gay.. ;)

bout time u got on a decent site mate!

:mad: hehe, I know mate!! I thought id lend my expertise to pplz over here too ;) although still not decided if im gonna get a valver.... one big question! are they good for ice?????