ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speakers in Mk1 172

Has anyone tried putting components in the front of their Clio? I have read that 5.25" co-ax fit but wondered about components because of the separate crossover.

I am due to pick my Clio up next week and have a set of Rockford 5.25" Id love to fit up front with Infinity 552s for the rear.

Im just worried about
a) where the x-overs will go
b) how to get the tweeters in the dash.

Any clues?

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If you want to put the tweeters in the dash it is going to have to come out. You could install the Xovers in the door panel then you could put the tweeters in the door too. I tried this position and it sounded much better than in the dash. However I wanted the Xovers in the boot and due to there only being 2 wires for the speakers going through the door loom I had them put in the dash and adjusted the brightness on the Xovers. Check out the ICE gallery for my install.

Looks similar to what Id like. Got a 12" JL sub and Rockford 4-ch amp to try and squeeze in too.

Are you still using the original speaker cables through the door? Do they sound OK and could you still put it back to stock if necessary?

Dont know how big the Rockford crossovers are but I have a set of Alpines that I put the tweeters in the dash and there was plenty of room under there for the crossovers. They werent adjustable so didnt really need to be accessible. If you put tweeters in the dash then it needs to come out.

Just re-read your last post. I am still using the original door wires because without major surgery there was no other way and it sounds fine. I have also got it all set up so that it can be put back to original fit very easily.

Chris,

Did you wire the x-overs into the loom under the dash? Presumably this would mean some wire cutting but would still be easy to set back to standard?

Cheers

Andy