ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

computer help please

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am going to format my computer

i run XP

i will have an XP disk to do this

will XP give me the option to keep certian programs or files as i have about 8 gig of music i want to keep thats a lot of disks to burn...)

i also have macfree firewall and virus stuff which i bought and downloaded offf the web so i would like to keep that preferably.

i have backed up my pictures and word files i need to keep.

any help please?

ta

have you not got a 2nd hard drive that you can use?

transfer the data you want from the one you're going to format to the other one, then you wont lose anything

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
sadly i don't have one mate,

its only music after all.. my whole collection but nevermind. the main thing is the important word docs are easy to keep as they are nice and small. plus the macfree stuff runs out in one month so i'd have to buy it al lagain anyway.

if you have enough spare room on your hdd, you could make a partion with partion magic. save your files onto the new partition and then wipe the other section. Would be best if you backed it up on cds and started afresh.

Ive used partitions for years and it makes the job of reinstalling/formatting windows a one hour piss take!