ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

con rods

ITB'd MK1
turbo i assume? they would, but not for long

depends on the revs you use really though. If you could keep peak power under 7k and didn't rev much past that, the rods would probably last a while. End of the day though, they're quite flimsy and it's not expensive to get quite reasonable quality reliable replacements. Cheaper to upgrade than to start from scratch when you throw a rod through the block lol

Lionel Richie
we ran stock rods with high comp pistons with upto 8k rev limit, but we had the limiter set at 7.5K 99% of the time

never had a problem, the rod bolts will need replacing with ARP's though

182 for sale £7000
well i plan to run 300bhp natural asperated!and want it to rev to about 8000rpm really what con rods should i go for then just forged ones??il be up to see you guys at gdi on saturday

clio 172, pulsar, evo
what other mods are you going to have alongside nitrous ?

Id go with good faith and a fire extinguisher :)

300 bhp N/A sounds like a dream. How will you achieve this? I recon youll need about 70bhp of nos on a very highly modded car. Expect a catestrophic engine failure soon. Nos is a great thing but only when its set up well. I think a large shot of nos will destroy the engine. It needs to be a forged engine to take the abuse.
why are you aiming for 300bhp? 230bhp would be very quick and can be achieved with little engine risk.
300bhp is going to cost alot to achieve.

ITB'd MK1
Id go with good faith and a fire extinguisher :)

300 bhp N/A sounds like a dream. How will you achieve this? I recon youll need about 70bhp of nos on a very highly modded car. Expect a catestrophic engine failure soon. Nos is a great thing but only when its set up well. I think a large shot of nos will destroy the engine. It needs to be a forged engine to take the abuse.
why are you aiming for 300bhp? 230bhp would be very quick and can be achieved with little engine risk.
300bhp is going to cost alot to achieve.

he already has ITBs, Omex, cams and headwork, all that's lacking from the normal F4R N/A tuning route really is high compression pistons and forged rods

clio 172, pulsar, evo
well it sounds quite sorted then. What power does it produce just now?
once the engine can cope with the nos and its all fitted im sure it will be great. may pose a threat to the gearbox and diffs though :eek:
Anyone have any stories of how long cars last with large shots of nos?
everyone i know using it well and for long periods has used it on turbo cars with about 25bhp shots progressively. Two guys i know using big nos shots blew thier engines (pulsar -forged engine and impreza- standard internals) so ive always been a chicken to use nos.