ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cone air filter. Silent?

Ive recently just put a Ramair foam air filter on my car, now i know its pointless and their will be no power gain or that but tbh it feels a bit better and the fuel consumption hasn't changed. Really though i just wanted it to sound a wee bitty louder. Iv fitted it using the adapter plate that goes onto the original air box. But really theirs no sound what so ever. Now one of my friends had mentioned their might be an induction silencer box? But in not really to sure.

Anyone have any suggestions. As iv tried another filter and their is still no sound?

3 Series touring
I had a k&n on my 1.2 and the only way to get any sound out of it was foot to the floor. Not great on fuel but used to put a smile on my face

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
should still make a fair old noise TBF. Mine did when I had similar many moons ago. You've taken all the airbox off and fitted the angled plate and then the cone on but still no noise? Sure you have taken the old paper element out?

tuhepetu.jpg
Heres how mines is fitted. Im positive everything is fitted correctly