ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Ph2 Air filter

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
Hi guys,
looking to get a cheapish airfilted to put on my slow 1.2 but i have got a bit confused. I was looking to get a £20 air filter from ebay but after taking a look at the stock air filter i am left wondering how i fit a cone air filter. I removed the air filter box and from what i can see there is a ractangle with the 3inch circle in the middle. Does the rectangle housing somehow come off or do i need to make/buy a mounting plate to convert the rectangle into a 3inch hole? after looking on ebay i found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...-PK208-Induction-Kit-Air-Filter-/370578100763 but im not that keen on spending £80 just to have a nicer sounding 1.2! So am i being really thick or do i need one of those adaptor plate things?
Any help would be brillaint.

-R.J

Twingo Dynamique
Save the money and sit happy with the fact you can drive everywhere at an mpg above 40 however you drive it :)

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
From what ive read before, you need that adapter plate, no other way around it unfortunately.

Any idea where i can get one of those plates without having to buy the entire kit? Apparently K&N do one but i cant seem to find it .