ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 16v blue cone air filter (help)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi, I am new to the forum so I hope I have posted in the right place. I have just bought a renault clio 1.2 16v and I would like to add a cone air filter. I would just like some help knowing how I would go about doing it, the cheapest way possible, can I keep the existing stock air filter and somehow add the new cone filter along with it, if not then how do I go about connecting up the new cone filter after removing the stock one? thanks, i'll post some pics below.

This is what it currently looks like:

http://gyazo.com/a113546f1969ee4fab833d1548fc7f07

This is the sort of thing I would like to add:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564d4d415b

Arctic 182
Hi mate, someone might be along to prove me wrong but I don't think you can just add the cone filter to the existing set up. You will need to remove the black air box & get an adapter that slots in its place. The cone filter can then be connected. Look at the k&n 57i filter for the Clio to get the idea! HTH
Chris

1.2 16v Dynamique
Ah yes i see thanks, so I need to find an adapter to fit into the place of my existing air box when removed, then connect the cone filter, where does this adapter connect into? is there a connection going from the standard air box that goes into somewhere that I can't see? thanks
​Brad

Arctic 182
Of you remove the air box you will be able to connect the adapter to it quite easily. Then it's just a piece of silicone hose with a jubilee clip attached to that, with the cone filter on the end. I have a K&N 57i on mine. If you need a pic I can get one for you.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Yes that would be very helpful thanks, I would like one of those myself at some point, I think.