ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confusing info on service intervals!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Can someone who really knows, please clarify as this is very confusing! :confused:

Sometimes I read that the service intervals are 12,000 miles or one year, then its 12,000 miles or two years. :confused:

Which is correct please?

My car is one year old this week and has done 3,400 miles so when should I get it serviced?

What precisely will they do for the first service?

Thanks everyone.

:confused:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 27 January 2003

jesus, thats all youve done in one year?
I think this is her 2nd car ? you have a beemer too or somthing ? right ?

Well service manual says 12,000miles or 2 years ..
Renault says 12,000miles or 1 year...

I think its time to e-mail Renault Customer Services UK. But I am inclined to believe Renault over what is printed in the manual

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

E-mail Sent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

It has come to my attention recently that there is a great deal of confusion regarding the service intervals for a Renault Sport Clio 172.

According to my service manual it is 12000 miles or 2 years, whichever is sooner.

But, according to my Renault dealer it is 12000 miles or 1 year, whichever is sooner.

Could you please clarify which one is correct as my car is approaching 1 year old in 2 weeks time.

Thank you for your help,

C.McEwan

GR7

Shiny red R32

_KDF

Thanks for that. Please let us all know what reply you get from them - if any.

Another thing, as I dont do many miles, what is the appropriate oil that I need, so that I can buy it myself, assuming that the Renault monkeys dont have the right stuff as I dont want their cheapo generic oil in my car.

R5 Gordini Turbo

Seeing as 12,000 miles is the average annual mileage for and average driver, one would assume that the service should be carried out annually

Hi gr its richard and paula

Paula went to ren today and spoke to the service manager he said it is 12.000 or 2 years as the service book says he said cars this day and age dont need to be serviced as often like older cars which would have been 1 year+he also said the service books are printed with this info so we should work to that rule.

regards oil the service books recommends ELF ULTIMATE 5W40 FOR THE 2.0 16V I am not sure wot everybody would say re wot they use

hope this helps

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well this is interesting.. here is the long awaited reply from Renault Customer Services

----------------

Dear Mr McEwan

Thank you for your recent email.

I can advise you that the Renaultsport Clio 172 should be serviced every
12,000 miles or every 24 months whichever comes first.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Regards

Anna Hurley
Renault Customer Services

-------------

Great.. now I got to phone up Renault and cancel my server for the 22nd of Febuary

kdf if u dont mind any change u could forward that email to me on mailto:sportclio172@aol.com">sportclio172@aol.com so i can put it in the service book just in case thanks richard