ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting neon to boot light

172 MK2
I want to connect 2 neons to the boot light.
I took the original light of and it had 3 wires going into it.

Green, red, blue...

How can I know which one is the "+" wire, "-" wire, and what's the third wire???

Thanks

Tal

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
my guess is that red would be +ve, green would be -ve and blue earth?! but that is just a GUESS!!! :D

clio 182 black /gold
I had a neon on my corsa, I wired t to the live and earth on the ciggy lighter
p1010010.jpg

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Well, my auto-electrics isnt top-notch. I have cathodes in my boot, but its a mk1.

-- +ve ---> [LIGHT] ----earth---|SWITCH|--earth---->[chassis]

^ there's constantly 12v going to the light, and when the boot is closed, teh 12v goes in there, and has nowhere to go. This is baaaaaad wiring by reno.

I suspect on the Mk2s they fixed this problem. I guess when the boot is closed, Electric comes in red and out green. When the boot is open, I guess the leccy come in red, and out blue. (via the bulb)

Find the wire that carries a voltage when the light is on (blue or green) and then attach them to that wire. If you attach it to the red wire, it'll be on 24/7.

As I say, I'm no pr0, but... hey ho...worth a shot.

-Akira

Mégane RS
yeah as said ^ just give it a go, worst that can happen is blown fuse maybe, ive blown mine a couple of times doesnt do nothing, think the other wires black but cant remember

Not too hard to do, trial and error