ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting stereo to battery - help plz

Hi I am fitting an alpin unit and it needs connecting to the battery. I have had a look today and cannot find any where to feed the wire. Everything seems blocked up.

Am I going to have to drill a hole?

help please.

Get a wiring adaptor so it will plug straight in to the old wiring loom for the original head unit. Thats what i did.

Lewis

Some alpine headunits require conecting to the battery, that is probably why he cant use the iso adapter for power.

You should be able to use the bonnet release gromit or the main gromit in the passenger footwell.

I cant use the original adaptors as they recommend connecting it to the battery.

Ok do you mean put it through the wiring near the bonnet release? Where are these grommets? Do I have to rip up the carpet?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

look behind the bonnet release lever, there should be a gromit which the cable goes through, you should be able to run it through there.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

the reason they require connecting to the batt direct is due to the load it creates when using the standard speaker outputs. if you are using rcas for front and rear and subs just use a wiring adapter or modify the wiring loom you get with it to the vehicles stereos loom!!!