ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting to the net via a mobile Q's please

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
We dont have the net at home atm so i've sync'd my mobile to my imac and i'm using the net through the phone.

I currently have a 500MB allowance a month, will this be enough for general browsing each day inc emails etc.

I wont be downloading anything like that.

Is there anyway to find out how much of my 500MB i've used.

I'm on Orange.

Nice one.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I can check it on the net on my orange account so i'll just keep an eye on it.

If i can see the send and receive amounts, do i add them together to see what i'm using or is it just what i receive.

Ta

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The web pages use very very little MB so you'll be fine if you're not downloading.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't download but go through 3gb a month at work without troubles, that without using it at home too, so be careful, cs image threads etc, killer!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Jeeex! I've never even got near 500mb!

You must be using your phone like a laptop tho!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can set my Berry to not load images or low res/med/high also things like running script and stuff.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm using the internet connection of my phone on my imac.

Any ideas how to reduce what each page costs me in Kb

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yes you can, a friend of mine has done it, so images all load low res, I'll ask him how.

If I were you I'd just buy a broadband dongle from vodafone alikes, voda one is 25£ to buy with 15quid on it, which is either one month or 3gb.

Gally I think he means he's using his phone as a modem and browsing the web on his laptop. Depends how much you use it, but 500mb a month on a laptop isn't much tbh.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aye, i doubt its much but its just gotta last me a few weeks until our proper sky net is sorted.

Cheers robbo. that would be useful.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah my bad! Using your laptop even for surfing is going to ruin 500mb.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah i've done about 30mb today, but as i said its just for a few weeks so i'll keep it to a minimum for emails s**t like that.