ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conor's 1.4 mk2 ph1 clio sport

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Done a little intro on here a week or so back now and did state that I wouldn't do too much to my car as I have a bike to blow my money on!

na3esu7y.jpg

However I soonghave in to temptation.. Car was standard when I got it

Firstly I have done the obvious and bought new Bosch wipers all round and upgraded near enough all of the bulbs in and out of the car for high power xenon or led replacements.

I then got a personalised plate from the DVLA, known by friends as 'little Conor' deposited being 5ft 9 and about 10 stone which isn't that small? However my best mate also Conor is a giant.. So here is my plate to suit the name..

menynuva.jpg

Oh and it matches my best mates plate (big Conor) on his rather special corsa...

3a9avuzu.jpg

Then I got myself some yellow tint film off eBay for £1.69 and tinted the fogs myself

ydyranyh.jpg

e7ahutar.jpg

And after spending a few quid here and there I have bagged myself some 15" OZ Racing wheels! Not too knowledgeable on clios yet so bare with me please, I believe they are F1 ones? Anyway here's a pic.. Should get them early next week :)

3umyvaqu.jpg

Any ideas or popular modifications anyone can recommend would be much appreciated! Not certain where to go with the car yet.. Obviously looking at Coilovers next.

Cheers guys

Renault Clio MK4 RS
some ideas could be.. MK2 PH2 rear lights which quite a lot of people do, possible lowering 40-60mm? oz f1s will go nicely with the car, new exhaust system maybe?

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Thanks for the ideas and the link! Just spent about an hour looking through, some lovely examples in there that's for sure :)

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Got the wheels Tuesday and they are lovely!

Put them on last night, will get better pictures some time in daylight

uzage7az.jpg

My mate being a knob trying to make it sit lower lol.

guraqymu.jpg

Drives really nice with these on! So much more grip..

Although the back left sounds like it is rubbing in something when I go round right handers? Any ideas?

Arctic 182FF
Looks much better with the F1s on. Like everyone else said, get ph2 rear lights, they're only like £30 off ebay. You have to rewire them but it's really really easy, don't even need a soldering iron, just a screwdriver, there's a guide on how to do it here somewhere. Get yourself a set of coilovers to have it sitting nice and low. With regards to the rubbing, I had this problem when i put 172 wheels on my ph2, are the F1s wider than your original alloys? That was the problem with mine, i had to get spacers. Take the wheel off and see if there's any marks behind it where it's been rubbing. I only needed 5mm spacers but it would depend on the difference in width if that is the issue. Hope this helps :)

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
If there was a 'thanks' button I'd hit it Barnett! Cheers :)

Been looking for some phase 2 rear lights and can get them on eBay for about £20 a pair so going to try my local scrappy and see if I can get them cheaper :)

Yeah my original wheels were a fair bit skinnier! These must be about 30mm wider at least I'd say..

Been looking at phase 2 rear bumpers too, anyone know if they for straight on or is it a bit of a faff? Think they look nicer personally :)

Arctic 182FF
No worries mate :) Yeah definitely get a set of ph2 rears, £20 is nothing really.
That'll explain the rubbing then, you'll probably have to get some fairly large spacers then but I'm not certain. I'd suggest trying to get some 20mm spacers and see if that works.
Here's the guide for when you do change the lights, it's the one I used when i put ph1 FK lights in my ph2 http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/fubar/cluster_guide.pdf

Not sure about bumpers though sorry

(s)Low Dynamique
Looks sweet, loving the plate! Your mate's B looks ill too! I'd say drop it real low and get FK led rear lights (to be a little different). Dual optics would be a nice addition too :)

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Thanks Jake :)

Yeah my mates Corsa is pretty nice, a lot of work gone into it!

Don't think iv come across the led rear lights yet, will have to investigate!!

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Got some better pictures of my wheels now my car is clean and I have some daylight!..

e9ete3yv.jpg

9a7evyzu.jpg

u4etegas.jpg

Also got some higher power fog bulbs as my fogs were utter shite I found out in the recent crap weather!

Before:
y5e8a4yp.jpg

After:
atydu7y9.jpg

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Yeah mega steal!! Only bid 1.99 last minute to see if anyone had bid much.. Turns out they only bid 99p!

Got the pair without any bulbs though but all sorted both sides and they work a treat :)

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Could use most, just not the indicator bulbs as they were slightly different, but £2.50 from halfords done the job! Although the bulbs did cost double the amount of the lights now I think of it lol

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Got a pic of yours? :)

Really needs lowering! Can't afford it though as new Tyres on my bike are going to be £280

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Car looks nice mate, kinda the look I had in mind! Did you need to space out your rear wheels at all? Also do you know if the badges o the back are just glued on or are they secured with plugs into the boot?
Cheers

ph1 clio 1.2
Car looks nice mate, kinda the look I had in mind! Did you need to space out your rear wheels at all? Also do you know if the badges o the back are just glued on or are they secured with plugs into the boot?
Cheers

no mate shes getting some 15mm spacers after winter,, and yeah they have little plugs mate just pop them out

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Anybody got any clue on what size bolts space mine would have?

As I'm looking at getting come Coilovers very soon!

TT QS
I believe they're 54 for yours. Ask dan edser (may have got his name wrong but I cba to check lol) I'm sure I read he's after some too he may know

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Cheers ill ask, would go measure them myself however there is too much snow going on outside! Pain in the arse

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
If it is indeed 54mm would it be okay to get some 58mm and just slot the holes a bit? Or is this not a good idea?

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Haven't been on here for a while!

Been busy over winter with the bike...

In the mean time I have managed to get hold of some coilovers after finding that my car has the 58mm figment :)
u6uzy5ez.jpg

And have just also purchased a 172 rear bumper
gybu7ezy.jpg

Should have the bumper on next week and the coilovers when I get more time, as my front left needs drilling out as the hex on top is completely rounded I have found!

2007 Clio 197
You may find it easier to sacrifice a smaller socket and just hammer it on. I done that on a friends car so the threads would stay intact!

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
You may find it easier to sacrifice a smaller socket and just hammer it on. I done that on a friends car so the threads would stay intact!

Unfortunately it's not the nut that is the issue!

It's the hex on the end of the stud that is completely rounded :evil:

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Had some spare time today so thought I'd give the rear bumper a go!

Straight swap I was told........ Straight swap my arse!!

So many corroded screws, nuts and bolts!

Too used to having a new bike to work on as opposed to an old car :lol:

Had to drill most of the holes for the 172 bumper also.

However I managed it in the end and its really transformed the rear of the car completely! Especially combined with the Ph2 rear lights i had done previously :)

Whilst I had the car out I also sprayed the rear drums black as they were looking skanky and sprayed my Clio badge on the rear black, will do the Renault badge soon as it was starting to rain

Here are a couple of pics:

Only before picture
u4u2u4yz.jpg

Bumper finally off!
anupe3e4.jpg

And the 172 bumper now on :)
Also with the Clio badge black
4yburuje.jpg

e7yba5y4.jpg

avy6u4uh.jpg

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Put the new side strips on today, couldn't be arsed to sort out the bullets though so for now it says 2.0 16v but will sort that soon

8y6eme7a.jpg

Needs lowering soon for sure.

rumy5avu.jpg

I'm now desperately after a phase 1 172 front bumper! Never come about though especially in black.

Would finish off the cleaner look and I'd be pretty happy then

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Cheers :)

Does anyone know if the ph1 172 front bumper is a straight swap or is it slightly wider?

Mk1 Ph1 1.4 Sport
Yeah had a feeling they were, bugger!

Can't be arsed to change the wings too.

Might just colour code the front then