ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Continental cs3 performance

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Bit of an odd one.

I've been falling out with the cs3s fitted to the 197 recently.

It started on a spirited country drive last year when the rear got a bit squiggly on perfectly dry roads. Normally it's always properly planted with cs3s all round.

Then at oulton I could not get traction around the chicanes in the wet and I started struggling on the same chicanes in the afternoon in the dry.

Now I went out around wales on the weekend with the same tyres in the pissing rain and the car was epic. I didn't die once.

The only thing I can think of are tyre pressures. I haven't blown them up in god knows how long. They aren't flat mind.

I normally run 35psi all round as the car was a daily and was mainly used on motorways. Was the poor handling due to too high pressure once the tyres had heat in them?

And what are recommended hot and cold pressures for 215/45/17s in your experience?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not be the fact the track is a track so to speak. I've used great tyres on the road and pants on a track day

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The chicanes at Oulton are always slippy in the wet.

Mainly the Knickerbrook one though.