ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Continental Mixup!

campus sport 1.2 16v
Just want peoples opinions here really- Last month i used my spare Continental Premium Contact as a replacement for my drivers side rear, that had a rip in it. Today i took my car in for the passenger side rear to be replaced, as the outside edge was ' borderline' legal, asking for an identical Continental Premium Contact, obviously, to me at least, so that both would match. So what do i get when i go to pick the car up? A Premium Contact 2 tyre, when i spacifically asked for a Premium Contact! So, do you think there will be much of a detrimental effect to the car? Handling seems good, but both rears are brand new, so i suppose i should expect that. The treads are similar, with the conti 2 having 3 deep treads that are more centralised than on the odinary conti.
I guess i might as well get my miles out of them now that they are on yes? Its just so annoying that when you ask someone to do a certain thing, they totally screw it up!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was under the impression that the Premium Contact was no longer being made, and as dave said, has been superseded by the Premium Contact 2.

campus sport 1.2 16v
I was under the impression that the Premium Contact was no longer being made, and as dave said, has been superseded by the Premium Contact 2.
Oh right. That may explain things then, but having said that, im sure you can still get them from online places, like mytyres.co.uk

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You probably can as I imagine there will be a load still in storage.

I'm not 100% certain they have been discontinued, just got a feeling I read it somewhere.

campus sport 1.2 16v
You probably can as I imagine there will be a load still in storage.

I'm not 100% certain they have been discontinued, just got a feeling I read it somewhere.
yeah your probably right mate, just have to get my miles out of them, now there fitted. Will ask for the conti 2's for both fronts soon, as they only have a bit of tread left. Do you reckon there will be differences in handling, once the rears wear in ? The treads are fairly similar!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My Clio came with Premium Contacts from new, and when I got them replaced I went with Premium Contact 2's. I didn't notice any difference.

campus sport 1.2 16v
My Clio came with Premium Contacts from new, and when I got them replaced I went with Premium Contact 2's. I didn't notice any difference.
Even though one rear is a premium contact, and the other is a premium contact 2?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ah right sorry I misunderstood. I couldn't tell you tbh. I wouldn't have thought you will notice any difference during normal driving conditions though.

campus sport 1.2 16v
Ah right sorry I misunderstood. I couldn't tell you tbh. I wouldn't have thought you will notice any difference during normal driving conditions though.
Cheers matey, thats the answer i was looking for. Came home from work this aft, and those lefts and rights are wicked ! Nearly kept going onto the other side of the bloomin road at one junction!!