ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Contis to F1 GSD3. Worth the extra cost

195/45/16 V
Contis X 2 = £150
F1 GSD3s X 2 = £186

Both prices are invlusive of VAT, fitting, balancing etc etc etc.

Question is

1.) Are the F1 GSD3s really a better tyre?
2.) If so, are they worth the extra £36?

A response from a 172 CUP owner who has actually gone from using Contis to F1 GSD3s would be appreciated.

Cheers

172 Cup

Lee M has swapped to GSD3s (albeit in a 172 not cup)

Also phone arround for a better price. They are currently £76 each on Mytires.co.uk, add a few quid per tyre for fitting, so you should be able to save some money.

[Edited by griff_90 on 6/14/2004 4:03:21 PM]

Lee

BMW M2C

I swapped all 4. They certainly grip a lot better, they do feel a little softer on the ride too. They arent wearing too well but then that was to be expected.

£186 is a lot too. I paid £72.50 a tyre at Kwik Fit.

MEGANE

I think the cup contis are the best tyre for the car, but i dont think you can get them from anyone but Renault dealers. there not the standard contisports!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I have to agree that the Contis are a very good tyre, but the ride isnt as good as with the F1s on. The contis offered very good levels of grip and very progressive break away if cornering too hard. The F1s really stick to the road like glue and inspire a lot more confidence.

The sidewall is far from soft, its the compound used for the tread thats soft.

I was sorting out my receipts last night and realised Ive covered 9k on the F1s already and they are still fresh as a daisy. I got 13k out of the Contis. But they were quarter miled a lot more, although the F1s did the Scotland trip!!

Cup Contis were a myth, just normal Contis.