ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Converting a 1.8 to 2.0

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

ok ive got me a 1.8 16v lump out of a r19 and want to fit a 2ltr btm end of a megane ive heard you have to use a renault kangoo 2ltr,d crank cos its heavier or can you still use the megane crank, pistons, rods, etc?

also will the engine management off the 1.8 work alright or will it need modifiying?

how many mods to get it up 2/past williams spec?

dunno if its really worth the point unless i can blag my mates spare willy lump lol

Use the megane block straight with the 1.8 flywheel and smaller starter motor. No need for the kangoo crank as its the same as the 1.9 clio diesel crank which is already in that engine. Rods are the same as your 1.8, and pistons have a smaller compression height.

If you do a search then all will be revealed, its been talked about a billion times and there is a wealth of info which we have been over another billion times.

the 1.8 ECU will work fine with a modified EPROM chip that alters the fueling/ignition for the 2ltr spec.

To get it past the 2ltr spec, not very much, there isnt much diffrence between each engine bar the capacity and the larger inlet valves/cam profiles and valve springs. CHange any of that to a higher spec and you will make more power.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

right thats that bit sorted anyone know about dropping the lump in a 1.4 engine mounts? im told that you just use the rsi ones. wiring oh now thats were i really get stuck i hate electronics but im told by mates im good at electrics but still hate it will i need a new loom or have to make up a harness to add to the 1.4 loom?

You wont be able to use the 1.4 loom but i think a loom off any R19 16V/Clio 16V/Williams will work so scour the scrap yards/breakers etc and you should be fine.