ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's 2009 Honda Civic Type R GT

RS4
I had one a few years ago and it was very harsh for day to day driving although it was a hoot. The gear stick is in a lovely position.
The price does seem expensive to me. Is that what they are worth? I sold a non GT 08 with 74k for £5500 2 years ago.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I had one a few years ago and it was very harsh for day to day driving although it was a hoot. The gear stick is in a lovely position.
The price does seem expensive to me. Is that what they are worth? I sold a non GT 08 with 74k for £5500 2 years ago.
Think that'll be cos its a non gt. I know its only auto bits but that seems to make the non gt an absolute ballache to shift, so a lot cheaper.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yep

2008 GT with similar miles now would be 6.5-7k

Found a 2008 non GT, 70K, 4.7k

RS4
I just had a look and found loads under 5k and 80k miles. Not trying to be an arse btw just surprised at how expensive they are.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
mine was a 57 plate GT on 76,000 with full Honda history.

I put it up privately for £5k and didn't get a sniff, I eventually got £4k trade in and then they put it up for £5.5k and sold it fairly quickly.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
A lot of car at the trade in price
I think I was lucky to get that, his first offer was £3.5k.

WBAC offer was £4.5k online but they offered me £3.4k when I got there and they made a mountain out of the odd door knock and wheel scuff on the 10 year old car..

Oh how I laughed in their face's as I walked out of their office.

@Cookie if you take it one track swap out the standard front pads, the one's in mine were far too soft. The brakes were fine but the material was soft and got stuck to the discs creating vibrations (not good ones).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

WBAC offer was £4.5k online but they offered me £3.4k when I got there and they made a mountain out of the odd door knock and wheel scuff on the 10 year old car..

@Cookie if you take it one track swap out the standard front pads, the one's in mine were far too soft. The brakes were fine but the material was soft and got stuck to the discs creating vibrations (not good ones).
From a brief look the other day I think the current pads are Pagid, no idea on discs

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

We get people in Work who say wbac offered Xyz, never works out like that.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I can get brakes all round from work for around 160 if you're interested. Send me a PM.

Looks nice Tel!! They still look really fresh :cool:
If you're down the unit sometime to get the brakes done, hit me up & I'll pop along mate.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I can supply brakes for these @Cookie , got them before mate and have the pads on the shelf. Send me a PM and I'll get you sorted

The site will be getting updated regularly from now on (when I get time!) so always worth asking if you can't see the model/parts you're after :up:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I can supply brakes for these @Cookie , got them before mate and have the pads on the shelf. Send me a PM and I'll get you sorted

The site will be getting updated regularly from now on (when I get time!) so always worth asking if you can't see the model/parts you're after :up:
Which pads do you have mate? Was after ferodo premier (only see ferodo list them for the ep but they're the same pad) but cant find them so after stoptechs

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Good to know :) Once I've worked out if I need to replace all of them or just the fronts I will give you a shout!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Which pads do you have mate? Was after ferodo premier (only see ferodo list them for the ep but they're the same pad) but cant find them so after stoptechs

On the shelf for the front, I have Brembo oe, Ferodo Racing DS2500 and DS1.11

I can supply quite a lot of others though , including the Ferodo oe

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nice car Cookie

They are great machines even when the mileage gets high.

I had an 08 GT with 89k miles on it, sold it trade earlier in the year (March) and got £5k for it.
Dealer sold it for £6k within the week.
It had full Honda history and hadn't had any major problems or repairs as I knew the previous owner.

Engines rev and rev and rev. Mine was pretty mint when I sold it, I'd had the wheels refurbed and new Bridgestones on.

Nice little mod that add a nice note to the induction noise is smoothing out the inside of the air box and putting a BMC panel filter in.
Not a massive difference, but sounds a bit louder, a bit deeper, and less tinny. Seemed to pick up slightly better from low revs.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Drove this yesterday to get some saturated fats dripping in grease. Bloody lovely car for the money and the interior is a great place to be. The start button is just plain f**king annoying though and it’s a bit crashy for what I’d imagine most people would say is comfortable. It still looks modern as f**k in the flesh too

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Love the interior on these, so modern for the age. Didn't like the looks when they came out but they've grown on me so much.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Love the interior on these, so modern for the age. Didn't like the looks when they came out but they've grown on me so much.
I think there are one of those cars that will never look old? Not unless boxes become fashionable again anyway

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I think there are one of those cars that will never look old? Not unless boxes become fashionable again anyway
Every surface is an angle!

I found the first thing today that drives me nuts on the car, the washer fluid reservoir cap. It's like 1cm deep, so half the liquid ended up in the engine bay as it splashed back up and out.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I find the seats great but as I get out of the car I fold the seat belt over the corner of the seat.
Once your sat in the seat and you try reaching round for the belt its like playing Twister trying to get hold of it.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've had my FN2 for about a year now. A few little mods I recommend are auto-folding mirrors and a short shifter (with solid mounts). Both very cheap and easy to install, but are great improvements.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Had the car nearly 2 months, nothing has gone bang (so far), it's been averaging 34mpg or so on a run and I still like driving it.

Barely been on AutoTrader since I bought it too, which is odd in itself

Still need to fix the drivers side mirror that doesn't fold properly, but I so rarely have to fold the mirrors that it doesn't bother me

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Same. Easy life with the fn2.

I must be getting old too cos I'm really appreciating the boot space.

Pretty sure I get worse mpg on momentum too over normal 95ron?! Another bonus

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've only put Momentum in it so far, so I've no idea if the MPG differs in mine

I haven't seen many other FN2's on the road since I bought mine

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I have always put momentum in mine, it gives a few more mpg which kind of pays for itself.
Ive even tested it in the 1.4 golf I have and its better in that too.