ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksports or Cup Springs for my Ph1 Daily

RenaultSport clio 182
I've spent the morning doing the first half of my suspension refresh. Managed to do Cup Wishbones with new lower ball joints, new Track rod ends and new ARB bushes. Then got the tracking done as switching to increased caster wishbones gives you crazy toe out! Driving after this was an absolute revelation...felt so much better. One of the track rod ends was really bad so that wasn't helping.

Next stage is the springs and dampers. I have a full set of almost brand new Cup dampers and some Cooksports to go on. Having driven it today though and enjoyed it so much I am doubting whether I should use the cooksports or look for some low mileage cup springs instead. The roads round me aren't the best and i don't want suspension that is going to rattle the car (and me) to death, but I would like to replace my 15year old springs! New Cup springs are out of the question because they are so much money but i could easily find some second hand ones and sell the cooksports on.

So I'm after thoughts on:

a. How quickly to cup springs deteriorate? Will springs with 70k on be past their best....most that come up for sale on here are on 70-80k.
b. Are cooksports harsh for a daily on average british country roads?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What about looking into eibach springs and selling on the cooksports?

Prolines and sportlines are a good option. Slightly softer than the cooksports but less lowering. Prolines 10-15mm, sportlines 30mm.

I've had sportlines and cooksports and I preferred sportlines as they felt smoother.

RenaultSport clio 182
Yeah have thought about eibachs but had thought they weren't that different to cooksports and I've already got them in the garage! Food for thought thanks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
IMO they are better. No brainer if you have them in the garage!

Put the cooksports on and try them. If you don't like them, sell them on (they will sell no problem) and put on the eibachs. If you do like them, sell the eibachs :)