ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Still a turd IMHO, I used to laugh at my mates old one when the indicators used to choose which speed they ran at and the whole dashboard used to shake when going over bumps.

Mk5 golf gti
thats my mates, its a f**king weapon

alot of work gone into it, also has an epic mini on the same driveway

VW Touran, BeetleCab
Hi,
Like the original Nova's. Hunted for months for a 1300 sport. Only 500 ever made, came with a pair of 40's as standard. They were made for rallying. Went out with a girl, whose old man had one. Great little car. I will see if I can find a pic, as you will no doubt never see one!

Disastra Coupe
Nova's are starting to get out of the chav image imo. Not often you see one nowadays and when you do they're generally quite tidy examples... Granted there's still some rough one's out there but they're becoming a classic slowly imo.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I do not like :( My Brother used to have a Nova GSi and I loved that on Compomotive MO's

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've always hated nova's and think it's the first time I've heard cool and nova in the same sentence. Lol they were slow, the handling was s**t and they look s**t. One of the worst cars ever tbh. Oh and they sounded s**t and the front end raised under acceleration. Lol

RHD cars also had a steel bar running across the car, connecting the brake pedal to the master cylinder. Pmsl, talk about spongy brakes. My camshaft went too, and the drivers seat fell apart and needed welding up. Oh and the head gasket went. Probably the worst car I ever had, and it wasn't even fun. Not the ideal basis on which to be building a super fast hyper-shed.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
If your into Novas its well worth signing up to this forum to see this build, hes taken a 1990 1.4L with 8500 miles on the clock, dropped in a 2.0 16v Turbo and changed or restored every part along the way .....

http://www.jon44w.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=87560

Few pics of many ......

newnova2.jpg

859O6446.jpg

859O6513.jpg

dailymirror01012010.jpg

If you do sign up change the posts per page to 200 and it leaves you with 10 pages, a bit more digestable than using the default.. USER CONTROL PANEL>EDIT PROFILE>POSTS PER PAGE.

Its all about getting a small car and making it quick. Sleeper, granted that Novas arent sleeper any more because nearly all of them have redtops in but still. The look on your german barge driver's face when you blast past them in a Nova 2.0/205 mi16/106 16v is funny as f**k!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
RHD cars also had a steel bar running across the car, connecting the brake pedal to the master cylinder. Pmsl, talk about spongy brakes. My camshaft went too, and the drivers seat fell apart and needed welding up. Oh and the head gasket went. Probably the worst car I ever had, and it wasn't even fun. Not the ideal basis on which to be building a super fast hyper-shed.

You actually paid money for one Roy. Lol surely a low point in your life that.

Turbos.
Used to dream of owning one when i was 16. Ones like the blue one above look total w**k though; would have been better if he just restored it to original spec, or at least made no visual modifications.

That "enjoying the look on a german barge driver's face" is also complete fantasy. I'm sorry, but no normal person sees the appeal of a supposed 'sleeper' Nova. They just wonder why you're making all that racket...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's such a s**t noise they make aswell. Lol and allesio wheels again on a nova. Really? How many sets did they make or is it just one set going around all the nova owners. Lol

Should have seen the one at the Vauxhall show today, Flew past everything apart from one crazy Mk 3 Astra hell knows what they were packing

DSCF2021.gif

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Local lad used to own one in black totaly standard AFAIK digital dash was the bit i remeber the most i thought it was sooo cool 9 years ago

Rb 182
I love a wee nova, the chav image is wearing iff them a bit nowadays, more saxos/106. Look lovely and retro IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nova's are starting to get out of the chav image imo. Not often you see one nowadays and when you do they're generally quite tidy examples... Granted there's still some rough one's out there but they're becoming a classic slowly imo.

This. :)

So many are trashed, smashed or rotted to dust - I just don't see many of them anymore. I've had a soft spot for them since learning to drive in a 1.2 Nova back in '92. ;)

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Nova's will never get rid of the chav image as chavs own them whether there totally original or modified. You're fooling yourself if you think you could drive a nova and the people passing by wouldn't think what a s**t chav car.
I'm a car enthusiast and could see how a 205gti and golf gti are cool cars even though they have both suffered the chav image problem but there secret is they were great to drive and look, a nova is not.

That "enjoying the look on a german barge driver's face" is also complete fantasy. I'm sorry, but no normal person sees the appeal of a supposed 'sleeper' Nova. They just wonder why you're making all that racket...

Its the most undesirable sleeper ever, granted but you can't say sleepers arent fun.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Its the most undesirable sleeper ever, granted but you can't say sleepers arent fun.

Not to the German barge owner they aren't. He'd rather be 0.2 seconds to 60 slower whilst sat in his heated leather seats, listening to his iPod, which is sat in his pocket connected to his stereo via Bluetooth, enjoying the fact he doesn't have to feel every little bump and doesn't have to listen to his dash rattling itself apart.

Old cars ceased production for a reason. I found this out when I bought a 106 GTi as a weekend toy and f**king hated it.

Soooo novas are chavs and clios are not ?

The chavs buy anything cheap and fast and this includes clios now. Sad but something we need to admit unfortunately.

Each to his own, I appreciate most cars and try not too think about the sorts that drive them otherwise I'd walk everywhere lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Clio's are definitely not the new nova at all. Lol yes a few undesirables have them but all cars have them. I know the biggest chav in the world and he has a focus rs now Roy and I remember him having a black sr nova back in the day. So is the focus rs the new nova? No.
Clio's have never been big on the chav modding scene luckily for everyone on here. The saxo I'd say was the closest to comparing to the nova days.

Listerine & Poledo
Nova > Corsa
AIDS > Corsa
Nova = AIDS?

As for Nova's being Chav? On a Clio forum that really is the pot calling the kettle black.

"y0! Nova is, like, well chav innit. Wat you want iz Clio over coiloverz wiv remap, brap"

Status
Not open for further replies.